New CO talk: Be loyal to Org. even if you get weird instructions or can prove them wrong doctrinally!

by sir82 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

UNSTINKINBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow them EVEN if it is WRONG?!?!?!? Hopefully this will wake a few people up!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Speechless....

Loz x

• dozy
    dozy

Quote: "Some Bible Students knew this was wrong, and broke away. But soon after breaking away, they "faded and came to nothing”".

This isn’t actually true – there are still a quite a few of the old Bible Students around to this day.

http://www.biblestudents.net/

In broader terms , I've heard the old Joshua & Caleb argument but it doesn't wash with me. Taking the accounts at face value , back then it was clearly evident that Moses had God's backing - the Israelites had just witnessed 10 plagues & numerous other miracles. In contrast , there isn't a shred of evidence that the WTBTS has any evidence of God's spirit , rather a vast amount of evidence that they are just a group of (perhaps) well meaning men.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

dozy, did you not understand their words? even if their lying, you gotta take them at their word

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

.2...Example 1: 1st century "governing body" told Paul to ceremonially cleanse self before talking to Jews. He must have known it wouldn't work, and in fact it didn't work, as they tried to kill him & he had to appeal to Caesar. But that opened the way for him to give a witness in Rome. The 1st century "governing body" weren't thinking "what's the best way to get Paul to Rome", but it worked out that way - Jehovah used them to accomplish his will..."

This makes no sense - I'm surprised I'm surprised.

Jehovah told the Governing Body to tell Paul to ceremonially cleanse himself to talk to the Jews, which he knew wouldn't work so Paul would have to appeal to Casear and would be transported to Rome and imprisioned for 2 years and probably killed.

Couldn't He just have have given him the camel fare or something?

• designs
    designs

Isn't that the trap of Religion, belief in things that are myth and in many cases dangerous idealogies, hell it hasn't stopped Catholics and Protestants from heinous activities against each other and indigenous peoples.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Things Jehovah apparently is incapable of doing:

Providing camel fare for his servants

Teleporting his servants to Rome

Speaking plainly and directly with his people

Keeping his people off of Facebook

And the list goes on. . . .

• cantleave
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> But soon after breaking away, they "faded and came to nothing."

Citation needed.

The WTS loves to make comments like that without actually providing examples. What exactly does it mean to "come to nothing"?

• sir82
    sir82

FYI,

"Faded and came to nothing" is just my recollection of the tone of his words - it's not an exact quote, and most likely not what was in his outline.

He said the story was in the '64 Watchtower, July 15 maybe? Anybody have a WT-CD handy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit