New CO talk: Be loyal to Org. even if you get weird instructions or can prove them wrong doctrinally!

by sir82 89 Replies latest jw friends

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

This sounds like the CO talk I heard back in February. He gave this far out experience of how a Kingdom Hall was ambushed and the elders told the friends to walk out the front door and keep walking straight and that the police were there and would protect them. One brother decided to go out the back door because nobody was near that door when he looked out of it. The CO said that brother was the only person killed, because he was the only one who didn't follow the elders' directions.

Everybody was just grinning and eating it up. I was thinking "this is Grade-A WT propoganda here".

• dissed
    dissed

Damn it Ziddina! Too much potion...That snake bit me!!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

loooooooooooook at my eeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes

• Mary
    Mary
    Example 2: During World War I, the WT did not promote a strong neutrality position, told Bible Students to "follow conscience" with regard to supporting war efforts. Some Bible Students knew this was wrong, and broke away. But soon after breaking away, they "faded and came to nothing." Eventually, by 1939, the organization got it right and published a series of WT articles on the importance of strict neutrality.

Wait a minute! I thought Jesus chose the WTS as his "channel" because of their being different and better than all the other religious groups in 1918. Didn't he say "well done good and faithful servant"?? If they didn't maintain a "strong nuetrality position", then how exactly were they any different than anyone else in 1918??

Yes, it sounds like they're getting more and more worried over the fact that the rank and file are NOT obeying the GB like they used to, are questioning their never-changing interpretations of the scriptures, inparticular "this generation" and are walking out the door. The good thing is, with crazy talks like this, any newbies who are present are most likely going to running in the opposite direction.

• flipper
    flipper

SIR 82- Very interesting info- thanks for posting. I have come to the conclusion that many, if not most witnesses are suffering from what's called " Stockholm Syndrome " where kidnap victims identify and are coerced to be accomplices or co-dependents on their captors. The WT society keeps witnesses bonded to them by mind control through intimidation and fear . The WT society sets themselves up as representing God - so to JW's - The WT society = Jehovah God. If you put enough pressure on people to conform by saying " You won't survive Armageddon if you aren't loyal to the organization " - witnesses conform out of psychological pressure to conform . Enough fear gets implanted- that they'll do ANYTHING the WT society asks ! And THAT is the EVIL in this mind control cult ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

KEEPING LOYAL TO JEHOVAH’S ORGANIZATION (13 min.)
    Jehovah has the right to require loyalty by virtue of his being the Creator, the Supreme King (Jer 1O:lO)
    To be loyal to God, one must be loyal to His organization (w65 412; w88 3/15 18-19)
    Scriptures contain numerous examples of persons who demonstrated loyalty to God’s arrangement
    David, when being pursued by Saul, twice had the opportunity to take Saul’s life but refused
    It was unthinkable to thrust out his hand against God’s anointed one (1Sa 24:l-7; 26:l-12, 23)
    When others, stumbling over what Jesus taught, turned away from him, Peter and the other apostles kept
    loyal (Joh 6:66-69)
    Though some deviated from the faith, the apostles and most other first-century Christians proved loyal to the
    Christian congregation (1Ti 1: 19, 20; 2Ti 2: 16-19)

Be loyal to Jehovah and his organization
    Accept from “the faithful and discreet slave” “food at the proper time” (Mt 24:45-47)
    Do not stumble over an explanation that may be difficult to understand (Ps 119:165)
    Support the decisions and work of the body of elders, recognizing that holy spirit is responsible for their
    appointment, while recognizing also that they too are imperfect and can make mistakes (Ac 20:28; Heb 13:
    7, 17; 1Pe 4:8; w89 9 15 20-5; 2074 153 117, 413; 2070 213; w64 464-70)

That is part of the outline for talk #48

I am sure we sat through this type of talk many times without realising just how controlling it was. It's not until you are looking in from the outside that you notice this crap. It's nothing new, it's what held so many of us in there for so long. It holds my family in. For some, hearing it over and over eventually wakes them up and gets them out.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I think anyone who plans to stand up and walk out during this talk should also scream something about "bullshit cults" when they do it...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I disagree with being loyal to an organization that gives blatantly wrong instructions, especially if they once happened to have it right. It is one thing when they make honest mistakes--in an open discussion, they would get closer and closer to the real truth. They might never find 100% perfection, but at least it will be better than what the leaders would have thought (because, if the leaders are open to the truth, errors that are pointed out would be fixed without delay).

Point in case. This is what their own Bible says about "a generation":

32 “Now learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also YOU , when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.

Where is there anything here that "this generation" is those whose lives intersect with those who saw the beginning of these things? That group would be the next generation, not "this" generation. And yet, they want me to believe in the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger when their own Bible contradicts them.

Even if it causes hardship? Just ask all those who suffered for 1975. They quit their jobs, sold their homes, and pio-sneered in 1973 and 1974. They skipped college or dropped out in 1969 and 1970. They suffered hardship, which would have been justified had they been told the truth. But, when 1976 got here, that hardship proved to be for nothing. That is when many people simply had enough: They are willing to suffer hardship, but not stupid hardship (that is, when it is for nothing). These days, children are being told not to go to college--which is going to be a very dangerous move in this Depression. With Osama Obama wanting unemployment in double digits (even thinking 10% was funny), college is going to be more than a luxury. Yet, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants those children to drop out, or skip, it. Just try telling them it was worth it in 2050 or 2060, when they are getting near retirement.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The example in Acts shows james and the others telling Paul to "PAY THEIR EXPENSES"

If we dont stick with the borg, even if they are wrong, who will pay the expenses for the Gibbering Buddies?

Its all MONEY.

And they are LIARS saying the Bible Students who left on account of conscience came to nothing.

Google "Dawn Bible" they publish a magazine that looks eerily like the Witchtower. And you can get the "Photodrama of Creation" Pictures films and recordings online. (Good stuff for its time, actually)

HB

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Guess this scripture goes right out the window

Acts 17:11 (King James Version)

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit