New CO talk: Be loyal to Org. even if you get weird instructions or can prove them wrong doctrinally!

by sir82 89 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

So did God protect the jws that listened in 1967 and did not have organ transpants; no they died. Reminds me how when David committed adultery and murder, his family and other people died, not him. His wives were raped, the child died, his older sons died, they killed other people seeking the kingship.

Did those Bible Student groups really disappear?

http://www.jehovahs-witnesses.net/sscc12.html

• snowbird
    snowbird

Joshua and Caleb???

LOL.

They'd better hope the rank-and-file won't try to stone them as some Israelites did to Joshua and Caleb.

I smell fear.

Does anyone else?

Sylvia

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I agree that this takes things to a new level. It's disturbing and scary. Unfortunately many of them have so much emotionally invested that they just can't let go no matter what is said to them.

• sir82
    sir82
    So did God protect the jws that listened in 1967 and did not have organ transpants; no they died.

Standard JW response:

Oh, Blondie, but they were spiritually protected! Since they were so loyal and obedient, they are sure to get a resurrection!

Now, don't tell me your faith in the resurrection is wavering, sister....

• Heaven
    Heaven

I smell fear.

Does anyone else?

Yes. And desperation.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Example 1: 1st century "governing body" told Paul to ceremonially cleanse self before talking to Jews. He must have known it wouldn't work, and in fact it didn't work, as they tried to kill him & he had to appeal to Caesar. But that opened the way for him to give a witness in Rome. The 1st century "governing body" weren't thinking "what's the best way to get Paul to Rome", but it worked out that way - Jehovah used them to accomplish his will.

THis is from Acts 21: 17-26:

17 When we arrived at Jerusalem, the brothers received us warmly. 18 The next day Paul and the rest of us went to see James, and all the elders were present. 19 Paul greeted them and reported in detail what God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.

20 When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everybody will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law. 25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”

26 The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them.

• blondie
    blondie

But sir82, in that example, the Israelites were not being spiritually protected but physically protected. I know the standard jw response but it is not in keeping with the example. The CO did not say, although they died, they were spiritually protected; because they didn't die, God protected them physically.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

As you can see, This was to show that Paul was, despite his teachinsg to the gentiles, still an Observing Jew, nothing more and nothing less.

As for the "TELL" part, that is the word "lego" which means "to say, to tell, or to command", it doesn't imply a command necessarliy and as we can tell by Paul's history with the elders in Jerusalem, He souldn't have done it unless he wanted to anyways.

It was probably more a suggestion than anything else

• life is to short
    life is to short

They said this a the DC in 2008. It was just one talk but they used the example of Ezekiel's chariot and how if moved every which way. They said the angles did not ask why it moved like it did they just followed it no matter what. So we need to do like wise with Jehovah's org. We are not to ask why just do what they tell us even if it does not make sense to us at the time we must obey the one Jehovah has chosen.

I was sitting there just on the verge of knowing this is not the "truth" and I just starting crying. I looked at my husband and said this is a cult. How can they say that. My husbands answer was that the speaker put that in the outline that the FS did not truly mean it the way the speaker was telling us.

Sad LITS

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Reminds me of the last public talk outline I did back in 2006 - "A Loyal Congregation Under Christ's Leadership" has a ton of the same drivel in the outline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit