New CO talk: Be loyal to Org. even if you get weird instructions or can prove them wrong doctrinally!

by sir82 89 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

It is noteworthy that in the first 2 examples, they are equating themselves with YHWH.

Presumptuousness, thy name is Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses!

Sylvia

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody
    "My country, right or wrong," is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, "My mother, drunk or sober."
    G. K. Chesterton
    English author & mystery novelist (1874 - 1936)

• Robert7
    Robert7

Blind obedience is flat-out dangerous. They admit they are 'just men' who make mistakes, but demand 100% devotion without question. I hope this continues to add dissonance to its members, because it did for me.

• Room 215
    Room 215

They don't dare repeat this dreck to an uninitiated audience; no wonder they've conceived a "Kool-Aid" WT to screen off craziness of this sort from the "worldly" (read "normal and well-adjusted") public!

• blondie
    blondie

So was Jeremiah obedient when told to quit his "preaching" by the religious leaders of his day?

So was Jesus obedient to the religious leaders of his day when they were wrong...so he stopped healing on the Sabbath?

Where does "we must obey God as ruler rather than men" fit into obeying the WTS/FDS/GB when it is wrong?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ has been Babbling the same Garbage,for Decades..

"Do as your told.....Even if it`s obvious.."

"We don`t know what we`re doing.."

Crazy 1

........................... ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

A Prophet is within our midst. Let you who have ears of understanding LISTEN!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

From Crisis of Conscience:

"It is men in authority who accord to themselves the right to be of divided opinion, but who exact uniformity from all others; men who express mistrust of others' use of Christian freedom of conscience, but expect such others to put explicit trust in them and their decisions, while they grant to themselves the right to exercise their conscience....."

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ray Franz described their conduct as frightening, and he was right-on.

Sylvia

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

So was Jeremiah obedient when told to quit his "preaching" by the religious leaders of his day?

Great point blondie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit