Stephen Hawking knows more about heaven than Jesus did.

by moshe 124 Replies latest social current

• moshe
    moshe

I have been watching the Discovery Channel's, 'Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking' and it occurred to me that Professor Hawking knows more about heaven (which is just part of entire universe) than Jesus did. Maybe Jesus knew about black holes, alien life, other worlds, the origin of the universe, etc. But I don't think so. Jesus could have told us something so remarkable about our universe that it would have taken us 2000 years to confirm Jesus' divine knowledge and prove he was the son of G-d, but he instead decided to tell us that heaven "has many rooms"- whoop-dee-doo.

I don't think Jesus had a clue that there was anything out the in the physical universe beyond what he could see with his own eyes. Everything Jesus tells us is basically stuff that can't be quantitatively proven any more than Saddam Hussein could prove to President Bush he didn't have any WMD's. Jesus might as well have told us how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin, for as much good his visions of heaven have done for mankind.

• designs
    designs

String Theory and T-Duality aaaaahh

• awildflower
    awildflower

I'mwatching that to! Very interesting. Yeah if Jesus knew any of this, did he give a hint of that, even speaking in language they would have gotten? Why didn't he talk about stuff like that at that time if he knew it? Good question

• glenster
    glenster

Different heaven.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The Devil taking Jesus up to the top of this unspecified unusually high mountain to shows him all the kingdoms of the World indicates a great lack of what we consider common geographical knowledge today. The earth back then was the center of the universe and the sun traveled in the sky disk from east to west and angels helped out moving thing in the heavens above..

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Yeah............SURE he does.

Who could heal who?

Judge Dread

• cantleave
    cantleave

Moshe very true - it would have been awesome if Jesus said anything that well beyond the Scientific understanding of his day.

How do people like Perry deal with this?.............oh of course; Science is wrong.

• finallysomepride
  • moshe
    moshe

Did Jesus understand quantum physics? Did he see humans creating the atom bomb and then using it to bomb Japan? Did he look into the future and see humans walking on the moon? Just think if he had told his followers, " in the distant future people will fly to the moon and explore it". Or maybe he could have predicted an earthquake, tsunami or a volcanic eruption, like Krakatoa on such and such date. With the knowledge of science that the son of G-d supposedly had, he could have been a real Messiah and brought peace, plenty and health and scientific knowledge to the world. Instead showing people the healing power of clay and spit, he could have shown everyone how to make aspirin from willow bark or that leprosy was an infectious disease, not the result of sin. Instead of worrying about money changers, he could have told everyone how to overcome disease through proper sanitation and diet. Sailor's scurvy could have been cured by Jesus, if only he had told everyone that disease could be cured by eating fruit and certain vegetables. Jesus either had supernatural knowledge and deliberately kept it from humans, for whatever reason, or he was basically something else.

• bohm
    bohm

moshe: Word up. Instead of doing all those miracles, jesus could just have written 'I am Jesus' in large letters on the moon so it would be visible with a primitive telescope from earth and carefully instructed his disiples it would be there if they looked for it 15 centuries later. That would have settled it for me. (que theists who will claim that if a person dispute a few lines written down allmost a century after the fact by a different group than those observing it, that person has allready made up his mind and could not be convinced by ANYTHING).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit