Furor grows over Arizona's illegal immigration law

by Sam Whiskey 213 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks
    It doesn't matter if my ass is bisexual. It looks good. It would even look good if it was a rightie.

I know dear, I just stated my preference.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Reagan gave the Cubans a free pass, but in this, I think they are an anamoly.

Until 9/11, I honestly don't think either side gave a crap about immigration. And unfortunately, 9/11 politcized it too much to come to some kind of effective compromise policy that is needed.

And here we are today.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Poor Jeff. Wait! Lucky Jeff!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hey Robdar, I don't rate myself. But I ain't ugly...

*this brief, bisexal repose on the political discussion of the AZ immigration law brought to you by Pepto Bismal and Zanex*

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ohh golly! Sorry! Whoever started this thread!

• Robdar
    Robdar

I'm not sorry because I cannot help it if I think you and ATJ are hot. Politics get me excited. Pun intended.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Well, some political discussions on JWN have a happy ending after all!

Enjoyed it ladies.....

• beksbks
    beksbks

Me too guys! Goodnight!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

We need a rational discussion of the major concerns that this law tries to encompass before developing a solution. We need to know what problems this is supposed to address. For example:

• crime
    • social services
    • language
    • generational differences
    • harrassment of legals
    • jobs

Each of these (and more) need to be thoroughly discussed perhaps in Senate-type hearings and then narrowed down to solutions. At least it would be a start. Because right now, everyone is focused on their pet issues and talking at cross purposes. Those whose biggest concern is legals being harrassed, are not getting traction with those more concerned with crimes committed by illegals. Both are legitimate concerns but need separate conversations.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I can't believe I missed all of last night's action!

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit