Furor grows over Arizona's illegal immigration law

by Sam Whiskey 213 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Give Me Your Tired

Your Poor

Your Hungry

Who knew that those words would eventually be referring to US Citizens!

The other thing that drives me nuts is that people who try to do everything right, and go through legal means to immigrate have to wait years and years and years, while the people that abuse the system seem to get all the breaks.

• logic
    logic

Racial profiling. If it was reported from witnesses all over town that a group of young white boys with blonde

hair was going around breaking out windows of stores, wouldn't you expect the police to go out and

look for 'young white boys with blonde hair.' Why waste time with any other group.

There is only one reason that illegal immigration is allowed by the government, 'cheap labor'. If no one hired

these people they would go home. I live in an agricultural area, these people are blatantly hired cheap under

the table. I also happens in the construction trade. I have seen the mexicans hired over the weekend by

the carload and at the end of the weekend the authorities come and pick them up and send them back to

mexico. Hows that for cheap labor. And the guy that did it to them was a mexican. The work they did

was crap. They probably worked on the house you live in. Illegal immigration is not doing anyone a favor

but the greedy.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    There is only one reason that illegal immigration is allowed by the government, 'cheap labor'.

There is also the issue of easy cheap votes.

• out4good3
    out4good3

OH no!!!!!

Not another poll......

The lab rat wasn't killed, it was sacrificed. Mass murder wasn't genocide, it was ethnic cleansing. The death of innocent bystanders is collateral damage. Microsoft doesn't find bugs, or problems, or security vulnerabilities: they just discover an issue with a piece of software.

We're not engaging in racism we're engaging in a police action on a certain segment of the population to control illegal immigration.

You guys can dress this up in all the euphemistic weasel word language you want about its application in theory, in practice, this is going to be a collasol clusterF#$%!!!

• leavingwt
  • JWoods
    JWoods

I submit that the roots of laws such as Arizona's (and in fact, U.S. Federal Immigration Law) are NOT racist.

I submit that the motives of people who claim they are derive from politics - i.e. they want to legalize the illegal immigrants for the benefit of votes for their favored political party.

The issues in Arizona are the cost of social services, drug smuggling, general public safety and crime, and enforcement of border law.

Arizona took this action because the Federal Government has thus far refused to resolve the problem.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Kos:"The irony is that this law is so Constitutionally compromised, it will likely never get adopted. Yet Arizona's xenophobes have essentially turned their state in an American pariah, the likes they hadn't seen since their MLK disaster, while costing it tourism and jobs."

• Robdar
    Robdar

It seems to me Arizona has a right to protect itself. Arizona doesn't need the feds trying to run Arizona.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Perhaps they should secede!!!!

ROFL

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The U.S. code has included the following language for years:

"Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d) of this section. Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both."

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/usc.cgi?ACTION=RETRIEVE&FILE=$$xa$$busc8.wais&start=2394314&SIZE=5388&TYPE=TEXT

Does the Arizona law go beyond this Federal law?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit