The Born Again Experience

by leavingwt 63 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

exjw2814 -- I enjoyed your comments. Thank you.

• Gregor
    Gregor

You never know when it could happen...

• startingover
    startingover

It just hit me that I had this same feeling of euphoria and peace comeover me when after much investigation, I came to the realization that the bible god I once "worshipped" does not exist. Wonder what term I should use to describe my experience.

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

"Startingover", it's ok. Iv'e been down that road your pursuing right now. For 3 long years I never beleived in God either. I was an atheist, and wouldn't even talk about the bible or God, with ANYONE. I really lost all faith and all hope. It's a scary thing, whether you realize it now or not. The world were living in takes us away from God, everything in it takes your focus away from God. It's no suprise to me I found myself in that position, and it's no suprise to me why you're in that position right now. Pray. May the undeserved kindess of our Lord Christ Jesus be with you. God Bless.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Thank you for posting this LWT. A good friend of mine (born again Xian) recently sent me her testimony of coping with cancer and her experience is summed up in this article. I was lost for words for an explanation of the phenomena but this article has shed some light on why this kind of thing happens.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Excellent article. I also found the link to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect very interesting.

As a JW I had already come to above conclusion. Since JWs cannot experience the Born Again experience I had to come up with an explanation of what it is, and realised that what some Christians were feeling was the same as in some African religions. Now I think it sad that JWs are excluded from this, as the religion secular due to its limited rituals and exclusion from spiritual experience.

• startingover
    startingover

Exjw2814,

A scary thing huh? I guess I disagree. I've been an atheist for a lot longer than you say you were, but as one I never felt the need to not discuss the bible or god. In fact, the more I do discuss it the more confident I am that the bible god does not exist. BTW, I do pray, to Clint Eastwood, gotta say the results aren't too bad.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The same thing happens to me everytime I eat a Cadbury egg washed down with a Coke and Jack while having sex.

LMAO!

I think that happens to me too, but only when I substitute an ice cold glass of Reisling and pistachio cannoli for the Cadbury, Jack and Coke.

We are talking about the liquor Jack, not the man Jack, right? lol

• maputo95
    maputo95

I wish all "born againers" good luck and am glad they have had estatic feelings as a result of a link with Christ. It sounds great.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

The spiritual experience that I had was so powerful and undeniable that I made my claim as one of the anointed for some 15 years...I no longer believe it's unique to JWs and although I have left the org, the experience and its residue have never left me.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit