The Born Again Experience

by leavingwt 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Loz x

• wobble
    wobble

I don't wish to take this thread off topic, but P.Sac made the point that only the Christ is anointed, others may be born again of course, but only Jesus is anointed, what do you think ?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Wobble - no I dont agree with him and neither does the bible, which makes clear that persons are anointed in Christ.

"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."

2 Corinthians 1 v 21,22 NIV

Loz x

• Chalam
    Chalam

only the Christ is anointed

Agreed, this is false. Here's more

Acts 2:17-18 (New International Version)

17 " 'In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
    Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams.
    18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
    and they will prophesy.

Acts 2:38-39 (New International Version)

38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

1 John 2:18-20 (New International Version)

Warning Against Antichrists

18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

Either you are born again and thus "anointed" or else you are anti Christ.

There is no "other hope", "earthly hope" but rather no hope for those without the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Either you are born again and thus "anointed" or else you are anti Christ.

There is no "other hope", "earthly hope" but rather no hope for those without the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Mmmm not sure I'm with you on this one Stephen...?

Loz x

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Loz,

What part of my statement are you having difficulty with?

Maybe you could read the whole chapter to get the full picture? 1 John 2

Here's some other verses

Ephesians 4:4-6 (New International Version)

4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

John 10:16 (New International Version)

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

John 17:11 (New International Version)

11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Blessings, Stephen

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I know 1 John 2 but it seems as if you're damning a lot of people and I'm not convinced God will do that.

Loz x

• Chalam
    Chalam

Unfortunately, anyone who is not known by Jesus is condemned already.

John 3:16-19 (New International Version)

16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Remember, the entrance to the Kingdom is narrow.

Matthew 7:13-15 (New International Version)

The Narrow and Wide Gates
    13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
    A Tree and Its Fruit
    15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I'm happy to 'wait and see' - thankfully we're not in charge... for my own part I dont believe I'm good enough to receive my reward anyway...but thats another issue.

Loz x

• Chalam
    Chalam

I'm happy to 'wait and see' - thankfully we're not in charge...

Indeed, but God doesn't keep us in the dark as to what is going to happen.

for my own part I dont believe I'm good enough to receive my reward anyway...but thats another issue.

Don't worry, none of us are.

Isaiah 64:6 (New International Version)

6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
    and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
    we all shrivel up like a leaf,
    and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

That is why we need to be born anew. When the Father sees His Son in us we are more than acceptable, we are royalty :)

Romans 8:1-2 (New International Version)

Life Through the Spirit
    1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Colossians 3:1-4 (New International Version)

1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Galatians 3:26-29 (New International Version)

Sons of God
    26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Blessings, Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit