There Are Some Extremely Bright People On This Here Forum!!!

by snowbird 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Thank you all from the heart of my bottom.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    What gives???

Not many of us are from Alabama.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I was told I am nerd smart tonight. My adopted sister says she's smart, but I'm a nerd. I don't know why. It might have a little to do with being able to explain the basics of just about anything to her when she asks a question. Like tonight I told her what a "dry socket" was after someone had a tooth pulled and told her he was in pain from a dry socket. She had no clue what it was. She thought he got hit with a tool.

My mom also made the comment to me that she knew one day I would leave the JW's. She said I was never cut out to be one. I question authority to much. I've also never been one to suffer idiocy easily. To bad she didn't tell me that before I got baptized.

• wobble
    wobble

I call myself the "Village Idiot" because it took me 58 years to finally walk away, 58 friggin years !

I think this forum is full of awesome people, with a variety of talents, it is a bit like that scripture "Some as prophets, some as teachers, some as evangelizers......"

But all on here seem to have a great sense of humour, and more important are full of love and compassion, those of us who have received love and compassion on here really appreciate it.

Those two qualities really make a person shine, they are really bright .

Wobble

• chickpea
    chickpea

i think part of it is that we are all ENGAGED in living
    having realized NO ONE has all the answers and
    one size does NOT fit all, so we are utilizing that
    good old grey matter to figure things out on our own!

ah, let's hear it for synaptic clefts!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

cult classic

It took me 36 long years to make it out of the cult. (I know, i know, I was born in but geez......36 years?)

Hey at least it wasn't 37 years!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    What gives???

Not many of us are from Alabama.

Alabama has some smart people.

Just google Smart Alabamians!

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

cult classic

It took me 36 long years to make it out of the cult. (I know, i know, I was born in but geez......36 years?)

Hey at least it wasn't 37 years!!!

I can relate as I was 36 as well. Looking back on all my friends, they left in their 20's ... and I was always supposed to be the smart one.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I was always supposed to be the smart one.

LOL.

There are many kinds of "smarts."

Sylvia

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would rather read something like Terry's posts than go to the Kingdumb Hell. Some of his posts contain more value than a whole 8-day Grand Boasting Session, and that's before people start posting comments on them.

Generally, I have made the observation that most of the people posting here are smarter than what you typically find in the Kingdumb Hell. You go to the Kingdumb Hell with a question, you get no answer or a vague answer (like what happens to those in the far North, when the sun doesn't set, when the REJECT Jesus Party is late enough in April so they are in 24-hour daylight). Post a similar question here, and you are likely to get some pretty good answers. Go to the Hell, you hear whatever the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants you to hear. Here, you hear what is more likely to be the truth or closer to the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit