There Are Some Extremely Bright People On This Here Forum!!!

by snowbird 69 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Funny how some still drinking the koolaid say things like:

"All the smart people leave." <- I heard this, and this poor fellow didn't even realize what he was saying. ("...but because he was high priest he prophesied...")

What's more important and not at all equivalent to IQ, however is creativity. Many here have rather fertile minds. (Perhaps from being treated like mushrooms by the GB)

• tec
    tec

This is one of the best discussion forums on the net, period. And it has to do with the quality of many of the posters here. - BTS

This is my first and only forum ever, so I'll have to take your word for that. That and I spend every free personal moment on this site! I've learned a lot of scientific and intellectual information here; but I've also learned a lot about people and their individual philosophies and faith and morals.

My outlook on the world has been happily expanded.

Tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I think you are a really great bunch of folks here...sometimes a little wacky but its growing on me lol...

As for me lots of brains...NO common sense....

And I never fitted into the KH cliques either...I used to call em 'the beautiful people'....

Loz x

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

When I was "studying" my mom told me it was a phase I was going through. She studied in '74 and got away before getting anywhere. I wonder if I stuck with it just to try and prove her wrong? DAMN!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Tec/Tammy

You are one of the nicest people on this forum.

A hard hearted gladiator like me needs to listen to people like you. It helps to soften my edges and keep things in perspective.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Well I have to say that I feel more stupid than bright. It took me 36 long years to make it out of the cult. (I know, i know, I was born in but geez......36 years?)

Having said that I feel very lucky to have found you guys. I have never been part of an online forum and I am honored and humbled to sit among you. You're my lifeline. I value your words so much. (even the ones I don't agree with.....lol) I think you guys are geniuses and I must have a little genius in me since I agree w/y'all so much. Your experiences and encouragement mean more to me than you will ever know.

Cult Classic

edited to add: And the humor on this board just keeps me crackin' up............

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There Are Some Extremely Bright People On This Here Forum!!!

...and funny ones too.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I used to get "You're going to think yourself right out of the truth". Which I found funny. There are alot of smart people on the forum, me I'm a member of mensa. It's kind of funny on my channel active witnesses actually try to mock me by saying "You being a mensa member and all" then continue with their logical fallacies. It strikes me as funny when any organization paints intelligence in a negative light.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Sometimes I don't always agree with every thing said here, obviously, but it still makes me think. Sometimes, I've been known to change my mind a little or a lot after hearing something that is new that makes sense after some thought.

Ah, that's why I was a lousy Witness!

Willingness to hear something new...I love how the Witnesses value that trait only when it works in their favor.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Wow!

Thanks, people.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit