There Are Some Extremely Bright People On This Here Forum!!!

by snowbird 69 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Y'all are nothing like the people with whom I work, nor like those with whom I attended meetings at the Kingdom Hall.

What gives???

LOL.

Sylvia

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

sometimes we are too smart. now, it is time i go back to trying to rule the world.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My sister and my father said they knew I would come out of the JW's one day. They said I was too smart for that.
    I have learned that smarts is not the main thing getting one out or keeping one from going in.

Still, using your mind and your eyes to learn/see what's wrong is huge for ex-JW's. JW's as a whole are trained not to learn but to accept what they are told. They start pushing aside disonance when they see wrongs in the religion. They tend not to watch the national news or read the newspaper or keep up with issues because the end is soooooo near.

I don't know about your coworkers. Mine, never dubs, are pretty sharp and many are well-informed.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Some of the happiest people I've ever known are dumber than a sack of hammers.

Meanwhile, you're right, Sylvia, there are some brilliant people on here. I try to learn from them, as often as I can.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

critical thinking, something I think that we all have in common.

• snowbird
    snowbird

there are some brilliant people on here. I try to learn from them, as often as I can.

So do I.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover

I'm so bright my father called me son...

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL!

Sylvia

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

My sister and my father said they knew I would come out of the JW's one day. They said I was too smart for that.

I hope I am not hijacking your thread Sylvia , but OTWO's comment really hit home.

I had a conversation with a family member the other day who was warning me about "questioning the truth"

They said, "You are an extremely bright man, and I worry about the path you are going down."

I was thinking "What does being intelligent have to do with it?"

Witnesses always say "The Truth stands up to any scrutiny"

Well, if that is the case, why is it so wrong to use your brain and scrutinize it?

They are deathly afraid of what they might discover - I am convinced of that more than ever, especially after I started reading Steve Hassan!!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I hope I am not hijacking your thread Sylvia ,

LeperMessiah, knock it off!

Just kidding.

I appreciate any and all replies.

I also see why we left the JW's.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit