WOW!!! Just found out from someone who went to the one day assembly....

by Lady Liberty 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

All true, Broken Promises.

So the point is then if being a missionary is encouraged as almost the ultimate goal, why is marriage being discouraged generally?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i'm sure all the reasons are good and practical, but the problem is that they have made a rule and there is no exception

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Er no, they haven't.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My wife and I were married in 1974. We received some "encouragement" to wait until the new system arrived in 1975. Lots of people our age were getting married, and I presume they were all being told the same thing. Now the children of those marriages are being told not to marry because the end is coming.

• bobld
    bobld

In 30 or 40 years from now the 20 year old ones will say the same thing.When I was 20 the GB said not to get married because we are so close to the end.Now Iam in my sixties single no children,no money,can't afford eye glasses,a hearing aid,but we are so mush closer to the end.

I supposes it is ok for those who can't think for themselves and believe the snake oil salesmen.SUCKERS,SUCKERS.

Bob

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    Now Iam in my sixties single no children,no money,can't afford eye glasses,a hearing aid,but we are so mush closer to the end.

Heartbreaking stuff, if it's true.

(Your irony isn't clear, if that's what it is.)

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I recently started going back and this year will probably be my hardest. It is my first DC in 10 years.

The KH garbage is bad enough. I do not think most J-Dubs believe it, but I know many that do. Many are like me and go for association and family.

I think of being at the meeting and being forced to read the bible and put on boots, because it got sooo deep in there.

:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit