WOW!!! Just found out from someone who went to the one day assembly....

by Lady Liberty 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I think the theory is that if you're busy enough in "Kingdom Interests" you won't have enough energy to spank the monkey or even want to.

One of their dumber theories.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Flipper said:

It really comes down to dividing and conquering people- even down to the most personal level- having a marriage mate or not. It's sick. Because then the young person is left without close emotional support- and is coerced by " mind control" to seek elders, C.O.s and the WT leaders for support. That is what the WT society wants - ultimate control over ALL their members.

Bingo.

• In
    In

What about the kids who have married early hearing this? Hearing that oh, the society disapproves of your choice, ergo Jehovah also disapproves. That could be a low blow for many.

• undercover
    undercover
    It really comes down to dividing and conquering people- even down to the most personal level- having a marriage mate or not. It's sick. Because then the young person is left without close emotional support- and is coerced by " mind control" to seek elders, C.O.s and the WT leaders for support. That is what the WT society wants - ultimate control over ALL their members.

That may be a side benefit, but I was thinking that it wasn't anything quite so sinister, though bad enough.

I was thinking it may be that since there are fewer and fewer men reaching out, it stands to reason that there are fewer men period, thus creating a lack of eligible men for the sisters to trap marry.

So to stem the possible flood of JW women seeking marriage mates outside the "troof", they're starting to resurrect the ole "don't put too much stock in marriage this close to the end" routine. Keep them sisters busy knocking on doors, conducting studies and feeding workers and COs and they won't have time to think about the lack of prospective headship material.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

There is nothing new under the JW sun.

I heard this in the 1980's, including the admonition on not having children.

Judge Dread

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I agree with Judge Dread. The message isn't new, it is the same recycled message I have heard. When I was at the Special Assembly Day recently, there was nothing new. There was a talk on the blessing that results from singleness, it is a scriptural teaching, we hear about it at every convention and assembly. Where I attended, while slanting toward singleness, also acknowledged the blessing of marriage.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I wonder exactly how it's worded. Very big difference between saying "NO" to marriage versus just discouraging it by encouraging those who choose to stay single for the ministry. If they just discourage it I bet most people will just ignore it and continue to get married at 18 like always.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There must be an overall agenda up their sleeves. First, they brought back the "no-college" suggestion and told the elders it was more a rule that they don't promote college and don't encourage it even for their children. Now that's been rolling for awhile and they bring back the "no-marriage" suggestion. This is on the heels of tweeking the "generation" doctrine.

I imagine they are trying to reinvigorate the urgency of the times. They might want to run rampant with the economy and earthquakes of 2010, but it seems they are slowly picking up steam to build up the urgency. They don't want another 1975 mess. They probably want to get past 2014, a mental barrier to many and focus on the end coming by 2034- 120 years after the last days started, similar to the decree before the flood that man was limited to 120 years.

They probably want to get rid of recordings because they are going to keep much out of print. Their new messages will be mostly from the platforms. They don't want this stuff coming up on youtube later.

Fortunately, if it ain't in print, most JW's let the message from assemblies/conventions excite them for a few weeks, months at the most, then back to life as usual.

• flipper
    flipper

UNDERCOVER- I agree with you that it may also be to prevent young JW lady's from seeking non-witness husbands - but it is also ultimately about control by the WT society intruding into members personal lives. I think back to when Ray Franz exited in the early 1980's and the Jaracz dictatorship was in it's infancy - I remember meetings where we as witnesses were told NOT to have large gatherings anymore socially or parties we couldn't control ( 40 - 50 people ) - then suddenly nobody had any congregation picnics anymore. It's called - divide and conquer - We also were told not to have private discussions of the Bible with close friends coming over to our house as we may turn into apostates and develop our own thinking ! Another case of divide and conquer . Then, most recently the WT society took the Book Study arrangement OUT of PERSONAL HOMES - in my opinion to not allow witnesses to feel informally close in relationships with each other anymore. So they'd treat each other more formally at the Kingdom Hall- with elders watching their every move. Once again- Divide and conquer.

If this seedy mind control cult - Jehovah's Witnesses - and their leaders can exercise ultimate control over it's members - then it prevents people from forming close alliances and possibly rebelling against the WT society in organized larger numbers. The more they make members suspicous of each other through control - the WT leaders won't have to worry about a united uprising

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Oh, man, the old, "men are too imperfect to marry" thing. I got that one thrown at my by my mother at age 28 when I finally married my husband.

My dad, bless him, said "Sorry Jesus isn't available, what else is she supposed to marry?"

My mother never got over me going against her to marry, she's a nut. She hates my husband to this day for "making me marry before the new system" her words exactly!. Little did she know...god, these people need a high colonic for the brain.

I know quite a few of these "I'm not doing this or that until the new system types." That's a convenient excuse for being afraid of ordinary life in some cases. You dont' have to marry, get a decent job, live in the real world, have a child, none of that.

I used to tell some of these people that there's no guarantee of getting any of that in the NS, the way it's talked about. Sex is so "fleshly" to the hard cores, they dare to occasionally hint that we'd all be better off without it, and compare it to war and disease and famine. No sex in the new utopia, too messy, too human, too real.

I think I saw this movie....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit