WOW!!! Just found out from someone who went to the one day assembly....

by Lady Liberty 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWoods
    JWoods
    You know its really sad..but by the same token...it will really rub ALOT of people the wrong way...ESPECIALLY the young people, and hopefully they will rebell against the system and WAKE UP!! If they don't, then what do they have to look forward to??

Historically, most of the young people ignored this anti-marriage stuff as far back as the 1960s when I grew up in it. Only the super-righteous actually followed any of this advice. Probably only about 3 to 5 %.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I wonder if this has something to do with a decrease in the amount of people sighing up for

Bethel Gilead and taking on positions in the full time ministry ?

Maybe in their new location there is more room for more Gilead students that needs filling.

More full time ministers always creates productivity and expansion.

WOW!!! (( light bulb just went off))

What a great observation!! I bet you are right on the money!!!! It makes perfect sence...they cannot go to college and have a career or get married, oh..but they CAN PREACH!! What a sneaky way to get more people out there to try and raise the numbers!! All at the young peoples expense!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Their hard line advice has never been successful in influencing great numbers of people. What it accomplishes is a 'separating work' that shows them who the true believers are and who's just floating along.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

My twin daughters said that they are not going to get married until the new system. They're 23 years old; and they have never dated. They want to be missionaries. One has been in the Dominican Republic helping with the preaching work. She speaks Spanish and is a sign language interpreter. She's supposed to be back today.

What can you do? I can't say anything negative about the religion. They wouldn't listen and they'd stop talking to me for months. They think it's a good thing not to get married. They say that people (men) are too imperfect. *sigh*

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

MsDucky that is sad. Hopefully someday they will wake up before they have wasted too much time, and turned down good offers. When I think of the good worldly men that colleagues would try to fix me up with, oh boy.

• sir82
    sir82
    They want to be missionaries.

Uh-oh! Somebody better tell them that Gilead has not accepted single persons for at least 2 or 3 decades.

• snowbird
    snowbird

My almost-21-year-old daughter shows no interest in marriage.

She's 5'1, weighs 98 pounds, was in a friend's wedding recently and looked so cute that it nearly took my breath away.

She graduates from college in the fall, and plans to pioneer!

LOL.

Sylvia

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The marketing executives of this publishing house, love to have as many free labor sales people

distributing the company's literature as possible, more slaves are retained to further become free working slaves themselves, in the process

more money is cultivated.

Thats how this publishing company has worked since its inception, mentally captivated drones searching out to fine more drones,

all the while creating wealth and prosperity for the WTS.

You can see the WTS. has modeled itself after biblical social values regarding the master slave relationship.

The master always has control over his slaves in his kingdom.

Unfortunately the Watchtower kingdom used exploitation and fear mongering manipulation to cull its slaves and exploit them.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    What a sneaky way to get more people out there to try and raise the numbers!! All at the young peoples expense!!

It may be more a control issue than an intent to raise the numbers. Over history, letting these kids marry and have kids would probably put more warm bodies in the kingdom halls than the pitiful preaching efforts.

They temporarily realized this after 1975, but have switched back to no marriage now, apparantly.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Perhaps in their transfer to Walkill they lost some full time workers that they had in Brooklyn, so the call is going out.

The WTS. uses their power of both the spoken word and the written word , expressively and manipulatively in their

own chosen time. Well its god's kingdom after all, so they do have the power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit