Newbie: Roll Call ---- Oldies Returning: Roll Call

by cameo-d 91 Replies latest jw friends

• alamb
    alamb

I've been here over 8 years I think.

Still here. Nice to see new faces (even if they're cartoonish)

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Hi alamb. Nice to see you again.

Skeeter still here, since 2005. Biting and stinging for blood. Over 2000 posts!

Curios, good for you! We are here to show you what it was like to be a JW. It was terrible.

• flipper
    flipper

I wanna give a shout out to all the newbies here the last year or two ! Great having you here ! Enjoy your newfound freedom of mind ! And keep educating yourself about mind control and HOW you have been able to escape the Jehovah's Witness cult. We love you all ! You will make it believe me ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Thanks a bunch flipper !! I love it here!!

CoC

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Wow! And they just keep coming!

Little Mrs. Curious....I think there are many who can identify with your situation. I, for one, have a similar story. I have never been a JW but it has affected me through others who have been in my life. I went to Hall about 3 times to see what it was about---for sake of friends, so I could understand them ---and was so surprised to see adults raising their hands like first graders. I thought the behavior required of them was demeaning and insulting to intelligent people.

Most of what I know about JWs---I learned from Freeminds.org, Barbara Anderson's writings, and especially from this website and hearing what the ex-congregants had to say about it.

There are some outspoken people helping the facilitation of ex-JW's to heal and to grow spiritually responsible in themselves. Our webmaster, Simon, and his wife, Aranghad, are truly beautiful dedicated people to keep this website up and going for so long. I am sure they are weary, but they obviously have much love and empathy for all of us.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I come here less and less.

But still check in.

Life is good.

Welcome all the newbies.

*waves to all the oldies

lisa

• clarity
    clarity

What can I say? Thanks for being here for me, might suffice ... but let me add that, in all the years of feeling alone with my doubts and confusion, I never dreamed you all were 'out' here. So often, crying all the way home from the meetings and not being able to put my finger on what was really wrong! Thought it was just me. A square peg in a round hole! Got very disillusioned with the conditional 'love', cliques, nonsense rules, elder arrogance and started to question ... slowly... slowly... omg ..the GB guys! They always seemed airy fairy, in a fog like place, and amazingly they knew how to interpret the bible. If I tried to figure that out, I was told that would be "sinning against the holy spirit"!! But until I came on this site, the blinders hadn't fallen from eyes. I now see clearly. What a revelation it was to understand that the GB's predictions were all false etc. Almost a year now, still healing from decades of brain washing but there are hours of exceeding exuberance and such freeness of thought and action that I'm giddy with it all...................................................Thanks everyone for your efforts put into showing the real truth.

Christ is the Way and the Truth ... the only truth I want now.

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Vampire & Hadit

• Quandry
    Quandry

I don't know how I missed this hello to newbies because I always carefully look for them. Perhaps it is the fact that I am 59, work full time, and am taking two college courses each semester in an effort to get my degree....which at this rate I will have in one more year, when I am 60...happy birthday to me!

Welcome, and by now there are other new ones....we don't ever want to overlook any of you...all of you have taken the first courageous steps toward freedom and self-determination. It doesn't matter how young or old you are, YOU CAN DO IT! For those who must stay in for family reasons, we understand...you can come here and vent.

For those who have lost their loved ones to the WTS mentality, a special hug. Know that we feel for you greatly, and please come to this forum and feel that you can unburden yourself among those who care for you.

A quote I love; "Better to have questions you can't answer, than answers you can't question."

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I missed it too!! Welcome all newbies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit