Newbie: Roll Call ---- Oldies Returning: Roll Call

by cameo-d 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Welcome all newbies. We all understand what you are going through.

• happy1975
    happy1975

Cameo-

Aw, that's sweet thanks for noticing. I'm back for the moral support (I love to read others experiences) because even tho I've been faded for over 5 years suddenly the Elders from our old hall are hounding my husband and I so that they can announce that we're no longer witnesses. My husband has had a couple of run ins with them so far and it was extremely stressful for him since he has family still in. I had to show him how great this board is and that lots of others feel the way he does.

I also took him to youtube to see exgilead missionary's videos since they're really good.

Happy

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Newbie here. I have lurked briefly a couple of times over the years, but was always was able to come out of it and be a good witness ... until recently. I was an elder for a while (stepped down to focus on the family), and have always been one who liked to figure things out, ponder, reason, get to the bottom of things ... this caused many questions that couldn't be answered over the years, thinking back, I now remember things that I was told when I was a newly baptized witness was apostate questions, so, I put it on the "shelf". This service year I started pioneering, sincerely trying to light the fire, help my neighbors who are being led to the slaughter, and the friends, and my family ... long story short ... I was doing research to try and better understand a new call so I could help him learn the "truth", in my research I came across this video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMGJERAGMT4&feature=fvw ... it caused me great trouble, I could see so many similarities to the "The Society". I started a renewed Bible study, read Truth in Translation, sincere prayer believing that I had just as much access to Holy Spirit as FDS because a recent Watchtower said so, prayed believing God would answer my prayer if I was sincere and kept asking in faith, apologizing if it seemed like I was doubting but just wanted to make sure my faith was acceptable and would respond to whatever the direction would be. I prayed for specifics (like an elder not all that long ago suggested in a comment at a meeting), ... I was not prepared for the answer, it wasn't what I wanted or expected. I didn't want to learn I was being mislead, I wanted to be reassured that the Witnesses were it. The answer to my prayer was undeniable. I have been in different stages of panic ever since. Amzingly, the things I "shelved" over the years started tumbling down. Scriptures that I glossed over, subjects that I avoided made so much sense! I was so excited, euphoric, for the first time in my life (after 25 years a Witness) I felt Christ in my life! Then horror set in! I can't act on it! If I do, I will lose my family, I have trained them well! Yet, I can't hide it under a measuring basket, I must let the light of truth shine, if I don't, I am not worthy of Christ .... those sriptures that I used to convince myself how becoming a Witness caused division in my family years ago has taken on a whole new meaning! I am troubled to say the least. I started letting things slip to my wife ... after a few days, the floodgates opened. I was so excited and happy, I can't even begin to explain it, I just know I never felt so good about something ... my wife was horrified ... oops, I didn't see that coming (or did I?). All of the things that made so much sense to me now was as if I was speaking in tongues to her. I tried to minimize things and reassure her that I was just venting what I had been reading and needed to have somebody to talk to but that now that I was able to reason on it with her I was okay. The next day, she told me she called an elder and asked him to meet with me ... I did. Now I am trying to figure out how to take things slowly, get my family to reason on their own. I have a few children. I have been asking leading questions, trying to get them to reason, they are loyal to the organization, I did a good job, I wish I hadn't ... the saga continues.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Wow!! Bunches of newbie and some incredible stories. Nice that you all found us~!!

Wannabefree - regarding getting your family and wife to think... Maybe have a look at the posts of a former posters.

Ithinkisee http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/16846

Amazing http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/1135

I think it is 'Amazing' that chronicled step-by-step process for getting his family out via their family study. Pretty sure it is also recorded on Freeminds.org

Welcome to all the newbies and returnees.

-Aude Sapere. (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

hopeful4eva...

wannabefree...

WELCOME! Glad you two stopped in to introduce yourselves. Didn't mean to over look y'all. It is suddenly like the whole busstop is coming in out of the rain!

Look who else is here...

Welcome to...

GreyWolf

LatinxJW

Young American

Interested Observer

• its_me!
    its_me!

Hey everybody, just poppin' in to say hi! And welcome to all the even newer newbies than me!!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, WannaBeFree!

Same thing happened to me!

Hang in there, Jesus of Nazareth will never leave you!

Sylvia

• hopeful4eva
    hopeful4eva

Wannabefree:

I had to tell you I KNOW what you are talking about. I know there are lots on this board (from what I have read) that now no longer believe in God, and I too felt that way for a long time. But after "Freaking out" last year I prayed constantly(something I had not done in years), just asking to be lead to where he wanted me. I was dumbfounded for what seemed like forever. I would get conflicting answers...one side would point to JW's and the other to God...no religion just God. Then it just clicked...God doesn't care what religion you are just as long as you path is to him...how ever you get there is between him and you.

And as far as I am concerned even if there is no God...I would rather live in hope(thus my screen name), but thats just me lol!!

• Styler1fan
    Styler1fan

I think I used to be on this board under the name of finkelover but left after awhile because it seemed some people were getting out of hand being mean, rude, desrespectful, etc (mind you, I am not certain it was this board or not. I was on a couple and quit them all) and now I am back! I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post a pic, edit my profile or anything :(

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Wow, this is crazy. I kind of thought there was a whole slew of new folks on here lately, but I had no idea. Makes you wonder, was it an event or article of late that caused it? Why all of a sudden the surge?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit