Newbie: Roll Call ---- Oldies Returning: Roll Call

by cameo-d 91 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I have noticed a lot of Newbies lately. (I also noticed that after being absent for a year Happy1975 is making a return visit.)

So, if you are a brand spanking newbie, post here and tell us a little about your interests, your state, your new direction in life, your favorite things, whatever you want to say---this is your thread.

If you are an oldie that has been away for a while and returning to just say hello or to visit a while, post here and give us a brief update on what you have been doing.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

BackRoomBilly

joeblow

crisisofconscience

Styler1fan

outlander

weeping

SearchingForMe

maputo95

Darth plaugeis

Come on in. Sit a spell.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Thanks for noticing cameo-d! It feels great to be welcomed! And welcome all you new ones too!!

I'm not too confident in posting a lot about myself yet. Nothing against anyone here of course. And I am currently trying to figure out my path in life. Despite that, I can say that this is the happiest I have felt in my life, now that I have mentally loosened myself from an organizations control. I'm still physically in and so far have been able to stomach the fables. But I really do love life.

I'll say this, I have a great wife that I have loved deeply for more than 10 years and we will see where things go, as I have slowly been revealing my true feelings about the org, my faith, etc.

I copied and pasted a little history from my very first post for others to read (and even added a few little extra details.)

My story in a nutshell - Currently "serving" as a MS. Former Bethelite. Recently just stopped regular pioneering. Married almost 10 years and LOVE my wife.

Currently reading "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz (thus the screenname and the fact that I thought it was fitting to my feelings) despite being in an "spirit appointed" position. (I'm not bragging; just providing info)

Was recently spoken to about the high recommendation from the elder body of me becoming an elder. I feel well respected by the congregation. But nonetheless I have let a few of the elders know that I am not interested in the postion. Slowly but surely I'm cutting back on my commenting and field service (within about the last 2 months). And seriously pondering stepping down from my current position.

What brought me here was a question that NO ONE can answer. How the hillbilly does the holy spirit work?

Perhaps at another time I'll share what events led me to really ask that question. But for now it boils down to hypocrisy. How can people be involved in certain things or even act a certain way and yet be appointed by holy spirit? (This is even one of the issues I've tried discussing with my therapist.)

So I started doing research on the internet and came across this site. Scared as hell when I started reading the posts but very quickly realized that I wasn't the only one with doubts. I finally felt that people could actually relate to how I felt. We are not all zombies!! And then I got over the guilty feeling of being here really quick.

I didn't join right away though because I had told my wife about my some of my doubts and "research." She was disturbed but felt good that I wasn't directly communicating with anyone by posting. So I respected her wishes for a few months. But I couldn't take it any longer. I need an outlet.

My wife has actually loosened up a bit, much to my surprise. However, she is not aware of my posting here. But certain things she has said recently make me think she has her doubts. Time will tell.

Am I to think the holy spirit led me here to start posting? I HIGHLY doubt it. And I just refuse to believe that everyone here went apostate. I think that should be left up to perception, not upper management's judgement. And to be honest, I've come to the realization that I HATE RELIGION!!

I still believe in God though, but I believe I am becoming a bit agnostic.

Hope this helps all in getting to know me a little bit. Thanks for letting me be heard. It's actually quite therapeutic!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

What makes a newbie?

length of time having been a member

length of time having posted

number of posts made

length of time lurking

i've been a member for about 8 months 1 month lurking, compare that with the length of time the forum has been running about 10 years, I'm still a newbie.

just a thought

• 70-Years-Of-Servatude
    70-Years-Of-Servatude

I lurked for a while. I've made a couple of posts with some questions and a few experiences. I'm still semi active for my family's sake. I'm the one in the back of the hall that more oftern than not is not wearing a suit jacket. I stopped going out in service because my conscience won't allow me to go to the door and tell someone else that the WTS is god's spirit directed org. I study with my family, but only from the Bible and an encyclopedia if at all possible.

The WTS is not christ like. The org. has many,many resources at its disposal. Many bros. and sist. have hit some really hard times lately. I have an issue with the lack of concern for the individual publisher, and the underpriviledged all over the world. I couldn't gulp down organizational salvation. I couldn't see praying only for our fellow witnesses. Why should I count hours talking about Jesus? I feel terrible for the woman with three kids in an African country that walked three days and nights to get to an assembly because she thought that God would be mad if she didn't make use of this wonderful arraingement.

The lack of compassion for the poor was the beginning for me. Next was the UN involvement. I can remember praying for the witnesses in Malawi when I was a little boy. I later found out what really happened and I nearly puked. I'm researching the UN, Hitler, Mexico, OSCE, and anything else I can get my hands on to expose the double standard of the WTS so I can show my parents and extended family once I have compiled it all. I don't care if they do anything with the info, I just want them to know, and know why I'm fading.

I don't have enough service hours to have any priviledges, but they said I can still clean the hall and cut the grass. I told them if I'm not fit to carry a mic I'm not fit to push a lawnmower or a vacuum cleaner. I was offered a shephearding call. I told them that I'm sure I'm already on "the list" and after a shep. call I would probably be put on another "list" because I don't think I can accept the answers that I will recieve to the questions that I have.

Sorry for rambling and thanks for listening. As Crisis said it's therapeutic.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

70-Years-of-Servatude!

Welcome!

How did I miss seeing you before? Thank you for your contribution to thread. You sound very compassionate and tender-hearted.

"I stopped going out in service because my conscience won't allow me to go to the door and tell someone else that the WTS is god's spirit directed org."

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

"I don't have enough service hours to have any priviledges, but they said I can still clean the hall and cut the grass. I told them if I'm not fit to carry a mic I'm not fit to push a lawnmower or a vacuum cleaner."

now that is funny right there.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

FinallySome Pride:

What makes a newbie?.... someone who is new to participating on the forum

length of time having been a member .........that's a variable; some have been members 5 years and maybe only have 2 posts

length of time having posted..........I would say less than 3 months

number of posts made......I would say less than 100 posts

length of time lurking....I can't count the invisibles

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Who opened the Pearly Gates? Where are all these newbies coming from?

Welcome to.......

ana_dote

Lozhasleft

notacaptive

Caminate

Sweet

PokeyPokeyPokey

Y'all come on in.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I noticed that this morning too, all the Newbies! Holy cow! Welcome all new one's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit