Newbie: Roll Call ---- Oldies Returning: Roll Call

by cameo-d 91 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Hi everyone

I was born-in to a family with a JW mum and a nonbelieving dad so grew up fairly confused. For the early years I had birthdays and Christmas, but then it suddenly all stopped which I found heart breaking.

I love my mum very much and probably for her sake I tried to be a good JW, but I really didn't have the heart for it. In my early 20's I started dating a non JW (Spawn) who I married so that pretty much ended my being a JW for a while. However, as I said I loved my mum and so after a few years my hubby and I started going to a few meetings and eventually started studying as a couple.

So here I was back in the JW fold, however, I still couldn't make it work any better than before. In 2006 I had my first son and as many new mums will understand found getting to meetings hard. Both hubby and I did not want to take the baby out at night and then there were problems in the cong. I could not understand why Jehovah would allow such hypocracy.

The final straw came when my eldest sisters husband was made a Elder despite us voicing concerns about his abusive behaviour. We never went to another meeting after that. For a long time I thought it was just our cong, but a conversation last Dec changed that.

My son was now 3 and I was expecting my second child and planning a big Christmas celebration the first in years. The pre-school nativity had just happened and my son had proudly played a shepherd. Then I got a call from one of my sisters (I have 3) she was concerned that if my eldest sister found out my son had been in the nativity that she would have grounds for me to be dissfellowshiped. After I told her I didn’t care it transpired that she and her hubby had doubts and were actually fading from the Org.

Thanks to them I was directed to this site and found all you fab guys and gals. It was truly a light bulb moment and though I have my wobble days on the whole life is good. I feel free to be myself without the JW label and that is a wonderful feeling.

• little mrs. curious
    little mrs. curious

I've been lurking here for about a year, I finally made an account a month or so ago. I'm not a witness and have never been one but all of my inlaws are. I really never gave any thought to the WTS until my inlaws started trying to get my three kids to go to meetings with them and told them not to tell me about it which seriously pissed me off. So I started to do a little research and happend upon this forum. Needless to say I forbid my kids to set foot inside a KH. Recently My husband told me that they were trying to talk him into coming back after not going to the KH for 17 years. I must admit I have a LOT of questions that I need answers to if I'm going to keep this cancer out of my family.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

BTTT

Time for the new folk to gather up and introduce yourselves if you already haven't. Welcome!!

CoC

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yea we seem to have lots of 'new' newbies suddenly !! Its grand !

Loz x

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I've been here for just a few short weeks and I guess I've already made lots of noise, but why not one more holla?

I'm a born-in like so many others here. I left the borg *twice* and this time I'm staying out. I'm really trying to make new friends on the outside now. I say that ADHD and JW don't mix. I think way too differently from those sheeple we call the borg. I don't want to go to war, I just want to live my life. My family is still hostage. I'm trying to go to school and get into a trade. I still don't think university is in the cards for me yet. It's hard to be normal after what I grew up with.

I'd like to give a shout-out to a couple of my new friends here; Hadit and clarity. Here's to freedom!

V665

• Hadit
    Hadit

Hey V665 to freedom it is ! Thanks! Everyone else join in for a toast too . . . CHEERS!

I did an intro post already when I joined. I got a very nice warm welcome - thanks guys. Of course my life since has been a tremendous rollercoaster. My emotions are all over the map from happy and feeling free to raging anger to scared to depression back to happy - sometimes in one day! This board has been a tremendous help to me. There are many kind and caring people here and I truly appreciate you all - thank you. Knowing that others understand and have gone through many of the things I'm experiencing is helpful. There is a great knowledge base on this forum and many diverse views. It's refreshing to challenge one's beliefs and see that there is so much out there.

My priority right now is helping my son get out. I'm also trying to figure out what I would like to do with my life - a career path. I'm searching for my talents but they seem to elude me! School is an option but I'm not sure what I would like to do. I have many diverse interests and it's hard to hone in on something specific. I love anything to do with fitness, natural healing and neuroscience. I LOVE books and reading.

Well, enough about me! I'm so excited to see the influx of all the new ones these past few weeks. Welcome to all! I hope to see many more joining and finding support and freedom.

Hadit

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I love this from 70-Years (4 months ago).......

I don't have enough service hours to have any priviledges, but they said I can still clean the hall and cut the grass. I told them if I'm not fit to carry a mic I'm not fit to push a lawnmower or a vacuum cleaner
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

^ I laughed out loud at that too. You can't argue with that logic.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

BTTT. Calling all noobs...

V665

• wasblind
    wasblind

Here Here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit