Newbie: Roll Call ---- Oldies Returning: Roll Call

by cameo-d 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hello folks.

I love it when the newbies come.

The tide has turned and the WBTS are powerless to stop it.

• peaches
    peaches

thank you for the welcome

• Champion
    Champion

I am an oldie and just stopped by again. I live in CT for 15 years. Originally from Long Island. Raised JW, dad elder and PO , 3 brothers pioneers. Mom died a few years ago from blood disease because she didn't take plalelets. DF and reinstated and then left never DF/DA but married outside jw. Always thought is was nonsense but didn't really care. Then my mom got sick and I started to research the whole blood issue and that was it for me. I found this website(the original) and the rest is history. My dad is still at 90 an elder in Clearwater FL and I have one brother who remains a JW on LI. I have two boys, high school & college. My older son is also a musician singer/songwriter and perform in NYC and Brooklyn of all places!!

• Cinnamon (TOO)
    Cinnamon (TOO)

Cinnamon

I am a born-in.

kicked out of mother's(JW) house as a young teen...lived with father and his wife (non-JW's)...10+ years later, I finally put two and two together when I found this website...apparently JWN is the #4 website for the google search, "newly weds sewage jokes"...perfect timing since I've been going through a bit of melt down for the past six months...piecing together why I do this and why i don't do that...socially arkward is an understatement, more like non-social...what I've learned--it's okay to make friends; it's okay to trust; yes, you can be loved and it doesn't have to be conditional;...I'm Perfect, Your Doomed was vital to my healing process...need to see a therapist and work through the social issues...haven't spoken to mother in 12yrs. and don't plan to start now...10+ years of wallowing in a mental purgatory...now I'm finally free and I'm not alone anymore...I want to help others

also, I'm not afraid of thunderstorms anymore. they don't mean that Armagedddon is here.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Welcome to all the new ones. I'm marking this so I can read all your stories tomorrow. Getting too late tonight.

Thanks for sharing. cl

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Great thread.

I'm a newbie. Admittedly, still shy about posting too much about myself. I'm working up to it.......

Long time elder. I've had every privilege a man can have in the organization.....from Memorials, to speaking at conventions....weddings, chaired more JC's than I can count, etc. etc.

I couldn't take the gross lack of love anymore. And its not just 'a little lack'.....its a total lack. Between no love for 'widows and orphans', to the mass corruption among elders, to the living breathing Pharisaical spirit.........I just walked away. I'm in total fade for about a year now.....people still think I'm attending (just not as an elder) across town. I've walked away. I warned my family and that was it............FFFFAAAAAAAADDDDDDE

Crisis of Conscience turned my heart upside down. Malawi is so disturbing to me.....I can't put words to it. I was just a little guy praying and praying for those people.....they were always on my mind......now I know what really happened and it makes me physically ill.

We ignore and ignore the very premise of Christianity: LOVE. JW's judge people and are by far and away the worst gossips/slanderers I've ever encountered.

I'm still very, very angry. Angry that I was given the same love that I extended to so many. Angry that as a guy in his 40's I have no college education and I live check to check....and in FEAR of losing my job.

Now I'm just getting pissed.......

• Caligula1
    Caligula1

Daringhart13

Living check to check with no college I understand. I gave up a 4 year scholarship. Our age is similar. I still want to have kids.

Wannabefree

Sounds similar to my story. I wanted to be wrong. I wanted my doubts answered. I wanted to be ushered into Jehovah's Kingdom.

--------------------------------------------

Both of you hang in there and do get help. Where do you get help you may ask?

Hmmmmmmmmm this board is a great start but probably more is needed.....for those that were in deep. Randy Waters www.Freemind.org is the place to start..........but I still think more is needed.

I want to meet you (and people like you) in person.

PM your location, if you're on the East Coast USA, or visit Atlantic City NJ or Las Vegas Nevada (USA) let's get together sometimes this year.

All the rest of the great Posters

Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted.

[email protected]

• snowbird
    snowbird

bttt for lurking newbies

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Caligula1

Similar age here as well. I was in my first year of college when I started to study, I made fast progress, quit school because it was not necessary as the end was so close, baptized a year later, struggled ever since. I am amazed at how similar so many stories, experiences, thoughts are. I can relate to so many experiences that I have read here and on freeminds. Being new, I still have things I want to hold on to.

I don't like the negative terms used for the brothers and sisters at times. They aren't at fault, they are mislead sheep. I believe Jehovah's Witnesses, the majority, are sincere, good, kind, faithful people. So many of the teachings seem logical and scripturally sound. For me it gets down to the apparent lack of love, the rules, the control - how can this be God's SOLE channel, and if it isn't, it can't be acceptable at all because because of its narrow mindedness, it fits into Jesus' condemnation of the religion of the Pharisees.

I always said to myself ... (me reasoning) it has to be the truth, nobody else is doing this or that ... just like everyone else says ... everybody is imperfect, the first century apostles made mistakes, so does the Governing Body, Saul went apostate but David still viewed him as God's anointed, who else understands these things like Jehovah's Witnesses, we have the Faithful & Discreet Slave, nobody is getting rich as a member of the GB what is the motive? ... like Peter I reasoned where will I go, you have the sayings of everlasting life (now I realize that goes directly to Jesus, not FDS).

Now I realize it all really comes down to the foundation. As a witness and being totally honest with myself, our foundation is the Faithful and Discreet Slave (as represented by the Governing Body), I didn't believe that to be the case, but it is, because it is the wall we eventually get to. Take away the foundation and everything falls apart. If the GB is God's sole channel of truth, Christ's channel, shouldn't they be better than anything else out there? Shouldn't they be careful what they say and how they say it? Wouldn't they be more accountable than anybody or any organization, political or othewise, on earth? As ambassadors for Christ, wouldn't how they treat their own sheep and all potential sheep be the the example above all else to the glory of God and Christ Jesus? I think the Governing Body faces similar issues as the rest do. They believe it is God's organization, they believe they represent the faithful slave, they can not think past the wall, they will not entertain the "what if", therefore, until then, they will try to make the Bible fit, look for understanding and increased light, because the alternative isn't an option.

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

I dont agree with the blood policy

I find 1914 in the realm of maybes not in Bible fact.

Plus, I find the checklist one goes down in order to be approved by GOD as rather closed minded.

I am not so sure that the GC is on earth, as the WTS interetation of the greek word "enopian" and "naos" changes to fit thier theolgy.

I am not so sure about WTS interetation of who is in the New Covenant and how reconciliation to GOD is established.

I dont agree with WTS interpetation of Romans 6.

Also, in general I find them too constricting for my personality, and them going beyond the Bible in areas that should be left up to conscience.

I dont think they are evil, I dont think they are trying to misled, I think they are doing thier best to manage a burden they have put on themselves, and that they generally do beleive GOD directs them.

I think GOD does direct them, but not them excusively.

GOD works through individuals not organizations, and GOD knows what is best for you, for me, and every other person in the world. How he reveals himself to you, and how he reveals himself to me is more a function of what HE thinks we need at that time rather than what some religion tells us how he works.

Some need JW's, some need Catholics, some need Baptist, etc.. others can go it alone.

I think the Body of Christ is recognized by choices, behavior, and what is first in one's life. I think it is recognized by ones deeds and not by ones creeds, and I think JW and many other groups fall into the trap of assuming to know who GOD chooses, and what GOD wants in order for us to be considered worthy of the gift he gives through his Son Jesus Christ.

Doctrinal focus in general seperates rather than brings together, and when you use differences to set yourself apart then you are setting the foundation for arrogance, close-mindedness, and presumptousness. JW do this, and yet so do most who leave the JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit