Memorial 2010 Your Experiences

by scotinsw 136 Replies latest jw experiences

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I was invited to my neighborhood block party for hamburgers and beer. It was a tough call to make (Kingdom Hall with dull people who are not allowed to talk to me or Block party with lots of fun friends? hmmm.....) Party won.

My daughters however went with their father (Their first meeting in 4 years). They had nothing to wear but mini skirts and prom dresses (mini skirts it was). I asked them how it was and they said there was no one between the ages of 10 and 50. They ran on and on in excitement about the adopted Ethiopian twin baby girls - wondered if I could adopt an Ethiopian baby. So it seems the night was a huge success

• nugget
    nugget

I cooked curry, lots and lots of curry. It was therapeutic and I reeked of garlic and ginger. I enjoyed my evening mixing my spices and marinades and now don't have to cook again for a couple of days.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Nugget,

I've heard that the Memorial Garlic represents the whiny Israelites who wanted to go back to Egypt and the Memorial Ginger and Curry represents all the people in China and India who will never hear the Kingdom message.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I have heard from at least two U.S. congregations that a special letter was read from the Borg emphasizing (you guessed it!) meeting attendance and field service and subtly implying that "the end is close."

Anyone got any details on that? Was it read everywhere?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Palmtree said:

I've heard that the Memorial Garlic represents the whiny Israelites who wanted to go back to Egypt and the Memorial Ginger and Curry represents all the people in China and India who will never hear the Kingdom message.

I love that!!!

Precious Palmtree, I absolutely loved our discussion last night. You are a Dearheart. Let your Spark shine!

Love!
    Baba.

• steve2
    steve2
    The word from most of the congregations around here is that attendance was down to the tune of 20-30 per congregation this year.

Yes, I had also heard that the congregations in my regio were not as filled to capacity as they have been in more recent years. What are others observations about the numbers attending in their regions?

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Why on earth would anyone bother to go to the memorial if the theory of the "144,000 partakers" is a hoax, and virtually no one partakes of communion as commanded? Why participate in such an empty ritual, passing the meal along untouched? There is no such thing as the 144,000 literal anointed as the JWs teach: http://www.144000.110mb.com/

Why acknowledge their false religion and thereby give them credence? By attending you are simply verifying, to them, that they are right.

• whoknows
    whoknows

Left the borg three years ago, haven't been to any meeting since. Last night my husband and I celebrated a newly ex-jw's birthday, the first celebration for her and the first Memorial she didn't attend. A wonderful time was had by all.

• besty
    besty

sounds good WK :-)

• doublelife
    doublelife

"What are others observations about the numbers attending in their regions?"

I went to my MIL's hall so I can't compare their past memorials but every seat was not filled the way my hall usually is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit