Healthcare reform has passed and is signed into law... this is a Big F*cking Deal!

by Elsewhere 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Just ask our Vice President Joe Biden. Once again, he has put his foot in his mouth by dropping the F-bomb when he shakes Obama's hand.

Granted... I'll take Biden's "This is a big f*cking deal" over Dick Cheney's "go f*ck yourself" any day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQeNikp1Rj8

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It is a big fucking deal. Obama is now "the man," and this country will finally join the civilized world in taking care of its own people. Like the Democratic Party or not, this is a huge boon for them, and even Republican voters will not want to give up their entitlements once they have them because of human nature.

I appreciate some of the conservative arguments against health care legislation, but in the end, I will gladly pay more taxes for it. Hopefully, this will eventually morph into total universal health care for all US Citizens, and not just restrictions on the Health Insurance industry.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> I will gladly pay more taxes for it.

Me too.

> Hopefully, this will eventually morph into total universal health care for all US Citizens

It will. This is how Canada got it's Single-Payer-System. It started out as reform similar to what we now have. Over time the public will start to demand we move to a more efficient single-payer-system.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Over time the public will start to demand we move to a more efficient single-payer-system.

Meanwhile, the obsolete Party of Nay ages into single-minded Social Security-recipients voting according to the AARP.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Congratulations USA - you have now joined the civilised world when it comes to healthcare for all.

• snowbird
    snowbird

A few more hills to climb, then we should be there!

Sylvia

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    > I will gladly pay more taxes for it. >> Me too.

Me three.

• Emma
    Emma

Ditto all the above!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Me four.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well sure. I mean, the history books will record that FDR had his "New Deal" and Barack Obama had his "Big Fucking Deal".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit