Healthcare reform has passed and is signed into law... this is a Big F*cking Deal!

by Elsewhere 89 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

LOL................hehe

• shamus100
    shamus100

A confused monkey is a dangerous monkey.

Nightey night!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    One piece of data we'd really need to know is how much these subsidies will be. Have you seen any numbers/percentages? I have not.

here ya go, leavingwt:

http://healthreform.kff.org/SubsidyCalculator.aspx

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

We believe in providing basic education for the betterment of the country and I think that basic health care is on the same vein.

I do worry about the cost of this bill.

Medicare was projected to cost 10 Billion by 2010 and it cost 120 billion.

I don't have any faith in any of the predictions of saving on the deficit etc.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

let me ask a question,

so if someone is unemployed, no matter the age they can apply for Medicaid?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Eligibility

Medicaid is a joint federal-state program that provides health insurance coverage to certain categories of low-income individuals, including children, pregnant women, parents of eligible children, and people with disabilities. Medicaid was created to help low-income individuals who fall into one of these eligibility categories "pay for some or all of their medical bills." [ 8 ] Medicaid helps eligible individuals who have little or no medical insurance. While Congress and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) set out the main rules under which Medicaid operates, each state runs its own program. Under certain circumstances, any category of applicant may be denied coverage. As a result, the eligibility rules differ significantly from state to state, although all states must follow the same basic framework.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks beks,

Thats what I thought and thats how I thought it would still be.

purps

• purplesofa
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

yes purps. I think it doesn't take effect till 2014 though?

Anyone at or below 133% of poverty will be eligible for Medicaid, in all states (some states may allow higher percentages, but none will be below 133%).

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm sorry, that is current Medicaid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit