Healthcare reform has passed and is signed into law... this is a Big F*cking Deal!

by Elsewhere 89 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    more legal verbiage

Well, that's a good point. How about we ask for accurate legal verbiage? I'm willing to assume that this was in fact a mistake, not an intentional thing.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    How about we ask for accurate legal verbiage?

Why don't we just ask for perfection?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Why don't we just ask for perfection?

Simple and accurate would be close enough to perfection. It is accomplished every day in legal contracts, real estate transactions, and so on.

These are written for practical performance - not for political purposes.

Not too much to ask for something affecting one sixth of the U.S. economy, no?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm optimistic that an agreement can be made to "do the right thing" for the kids needing coverage.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

SixofNine.....My family on my mom's side has a strong (genetic) predisposition to early cancer and my doctor has me get mammograms practically every year just to be safe; but my insurance company reads that as BIG BIG cancer risk, a yearly mammogram in her 30s?? I think it's a little excessive, but I still get them anyway. So not only do I have one of the most expensive plans they offer, they doubled the premium just because of this (and other things they tacked on like .... history of hemmeroids omfg!!! [which I hadn't had in 15 years]). Oh yeah, I should also say, they weren't going to give me coverage at all. I had to fight them just so I can have this plan. I'm in perfect health, but apparently I'm too much of a risk.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Simple and accurate would be close enough to perfection. It is accomplished every day in legal contracts, real estate transactions, and so on.

I have a feeling that trying to keep insurance companies from finding a loophole, or even trying to cover a highly diverse population with myriad circumstances, while trying to make it affordable, reduce the deficit, not cover abortion.........................etc. etc. etc., might be just a tad more complicated than buying a house.

Would you like to see the 300 page refi package sitting on my dining room table?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

wow, Leo, that sucks. Do you get it through work, or have to purchase on the open market? Either way, I think you'll eventually get at least some relief from HCR.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Would you like to see the 300 page refi package sitting on my dining room table?

300 pages too much (unless most of it is the longest abstract ever) just as 2600+ pages for this bill is too much.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Do you get it through work, or have to purchase on the open market?

Open market. Previously I easily had insurance through my university, and then through my boyfriend's employer. Now the company that he worked for no longer exists, and so I had to get my own insurance. It took 6 months to finally get it. From the same insurance company I had for years. Except now I was too much of a risk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit