What is Truth?

by AK - Jeff 77 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

" Truth " is the opposite of fiction or the opposite of the lie. " Truth " is reality . Peace out, Mr. flipper

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thank you for that, Aguest. I appreciate your taking the time to respond thoroughly.

Still, I cannot ever push the door I fear, for I can't see any door. In honesty, I don't want to any longer. I seek only that I can find with my senses - it is afterall, if one believes in god, only these five senses we have been given.

I have given up on fairy-tales, myths, legends of heroes and saviors. I don't think god is there - or if he is, I don't believe he cares - or perhaps he has died. I cannot say. But I can't find any truth in Jesus, since I don't believe him to be real, at least not any Jesus that saves anyone. He hasn't so far.

Just my two bits.

Jeff

• Lease
    Lease

AK Jeff,

Truth is the ultimate Good.

Lisa

• Luo bou to
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thank you Lou bou.

Stage III describes me. I have bookmarked to read it more completely.

Jeff

• myelaine
    myelaine

my dearest darlings...

matthew 18:22.

daniel 9:20-23......24

~National Post~ March 25, 2010... Netanyahu Stews While Obama Dines... By Adrian Blomfield JERUSALEM. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was left to stew in a White House meeting room for more than an hour after U.S. President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of tense talks to have supper with his family it emerged yesterday. Reporting the snub, Israeli newspapers said Mr. Netanyahu had been "humiliated" by the treatment handed out by the White House. The snub appeared designed to show Mr. Netanyahu how low his stock had fallen in Washington after he refused to back down in a row over Jewish construction in East Jerusalem. Sending a clear message of his displeasure, Mr.Obama treated his guest to a series of slights. Mr. Obama and Mr. Netanyahu were not photographed together as is usual when world leaders visit the White House, no offical photograph was released after their talks and an Israeli request to issue a joint-statement once it was over was turned down. The Israeli Prime Minister arrived at the White House on Tuesday confident that the worst of the crisis in his country's relationship with the United States was over. During the previous two days, he had been feted by senior Republicans and greeted warmly by members of Congress. But Mr. Obama was less inclined to be so concilitory. He immediately presented Mr. Netanyahu with a wish list of 13 demands both to end the feud with his administration and to build Palestinian confidence ahead of the resumption of peace tales. Key among those demands was a previously made call to halt all new construction in East Jerusalem. As Mr. Netanyahu persisted in resisting his demands to halt building in East Jerusalem, Mr. Obama rose, saying, "I'm going to the residential wing to have dinner with Michelle and the girls." Mr. Netanyahu was told to consider his ways. "I'm still around," Israel's Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper quoted Mr. Obama as saying. "Let me know if there is anything new." For over an hour, Mr. Netanyahu and his aides stayed in the Roosevelt Room on the first floor of the White House to map out a response to the Presidents's demands. Althought the two men met again, at 8:30 p.m., for a brief second meeting, it appeared they failed to break the impasse. White House officials were quoted as saying that disagreements remained. Writing in the Israeli Maariv, columnist Ben Caspit said there was no humiliation exercise the Americans did not try on Mr. Netanyahu. "Bibi received in the White House the treatment reserved for the president of Equatorial Guinea" Yedioth Ahronoth said the White House ambushed Mr. Netanyahu. "Everything was scrupulously planned, most likely, and the Israeli Premier, perhaps the most sought-after personage in the Oval Office in the past two decades, was received like the last of the wazirs from Lower Senegal." Aluf Benn, in Haaretz, said, "The Prime Minister leaves America disgraced, isolated and altogether weaker than when he came...Instead of a reception as a guest of honour, Netanyahu was treated as a problem child, an army private ordered to do laps around the base for slipping up at roll call." As he flew back to Israel yesterday, Mr. Netanyahu tried to sound upbeat. "I think we have found the golden path between Israel's traditional policies and our desire to move forward to peace," he told reporters. Last night he was meeting with his senior Cabinet members. But far from signalling their willingness to accommodate Mr. Obama's concerns, senior members of Mr. Netanyahu's right-wing coalition indicated their determination to press ahead with construction in parts of Jerusalem that Israel annexed after the 1967 Six-Day War. Ahead of the Cabinet meeting, Eli Yishai, Israel's Interior Minister, said,: "I thank God that I have been given the opportunity to be the minister who approves the construction of thousands of housing units in Jerusalem." The Israel-U.S., dispute erupted after Mr.Netanyhu's government announced the construction of 1600 new housing units in East Jerusalem as U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden visited the region this month hoping to promote peace talks. ~The Daily Telegraph, with files from news services love michelle

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

And myelaine, this applies how to the matter of 'truth'?

You point at some ancient scripture and reprint a news article about our arrogant president and his tantrum?

Jeff

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I don't know, depends on who's asking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit