What is Truth?

by AK - Jeff 77 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Jesus asked the same question. If he didn't know enough to provide the answer for us, I'm certain none of us do, either.
    Farkel

That was Pilate, dear heart.

Sylvia

• Farkel
    Farkel

Oooops!

I gotta get off this crystal meth! It's messing up my thinking!

Farkel

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• AGuest
    AGuest

Michelle... may you have peace! Unfortunately, I don't understand your point, in light of what I wrote... It was not "the Holy Spirit" that came down upon my Lord: it was God's holy spirit... which came down in the form of a dove. They are not the same thing. God's holy spirit is His life force, His blood, His breath, His semen... the means by which all LIFE... exists... and lives... and breathes... and continues. If He were to withdraw it... ALL life would cease. He gave that spirit to my Lord: it first "resided" in the temple at Jerusalem; however, when my Lord willingly offered himself to do God's will... God removed His spirit from the handmade temple... and put it IN my Lord, who was now the temple - the place where God "dwells."

The HOLY Spirit, which is my Lord... is the GLORIFIED Son... the One upon whom the Most Holy One of Israel conferred ALL authority. Out of humility, he did not lay claim to that position before he fulfilled the TASK of giving up his life, while remaining CLEAN (i.e., "holy") and then offering his "holy" blood to God as a sacrifice for the world. As a result of that sacrifice and offering HE was given a name... ABOVE EVERY OTHER NAME. He is, therefore, the "Holy" Spirit... the Comforter... the Paraclete. Just as John and Paul testified.

Which is the same thought for you, dear PSacto (peace to you, as well!). That Christ and the Holy Spirit are one and the same. Which makes two, not three. So where you're getting ANYTHING "trinitarian" is beyond me.

Again, I bid you both peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Ms. Silvie... you KNOW I love you, don't you? Of course, you do! The GREATEST of love and peace to you, my sister!

And I love you, too, my dearest Daddy-O, and I KNOW you know that - LOLOLOLOLOL!

The GREATEST love and peace to you, both!

YOUR servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Aquest, I said ALMOST Trinitarian

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Dearest Ms. Silvie... you KNOW I love you, don't you? Of course, you do! The GREATEST of love and peace to you, my sister!

Of course I know that!

I was thinking of you earlier this am, and whispered a prayer for your well-being.

Sylvia

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Shelby...

At His death the spirit of Jesus(the Son) entered into eternity and was able to move about backwards and forwards within our "time" or dimention. To say that Jesus is the Holy Spirit but not God is to say that at some "point" in eternity before "creation" the Father was without Holy Spirit. To say that the Holy Spirit is not God is to say that the Father can not "create" or move about within our "time" or dimention.

That is my understanding anyway...

can you see the tri-unity there?

love michelle

• Terry
    Terry

Here it is in a nutshell: Your life tells you what has worked. Your life tells you what has not worked.

Life refutes lies. Life supports truth.

If it ain't workin' it ain't true.

Truth is practical.

A long life well-lived is our goal. Getting to the end of days without regret is the purpose.

If you were presented right now with some do-overs.......not having any would be fantastic proof what you believed and lived was truth!

LISTEN TO YOUR LIFE. It is always whispering what is....and what isn't.....truth!

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Uriel...

LISTEN TO YOUR LIFE. It is always whispering what is....and what isn't.....truth!

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit