Me, the WT, and the "Separating Work"...

by AGuest 122 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

OTWO, the WT teaches that when a person dies, an acquittal of sin takes place - the slate is wiped clean, as it were.

I had trouble with that from the beginning, and I've mentioned on here how my former boss, a police lieutenant who has never been a JW, and I discussed that teaching. We both came to the conclusion that the WT is in error.

This is the wrinkle, I believe, that AGuest was trying to iron out with the GB.

Please listen with your heart.

Sylvia

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Please listen with your heart.

I will listen with my heart when the subject is family, love, charity, kindness, stuff like that.
    When it comes to Bible teachings and doctrines, I have been there, done that, never will again.

Yes, WTS teaches that the slate has been wiped clean, but AGuest is trying to say something else here.
    They (WTS) say that everlasting life is a gift from God, not something earned in death.

C'mon now: Listen with your head. AGuest clearly has a flaw in the story here.

• donuthole
    donuthole

SJ. Thank you for sharing this experience.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    AGuest is trying to say something else here.
    They (WTS) say that everlasting life is a gift from God, not something earned in death.

Please read the account again, for the first time, perhaps?

Sylvia

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Okay, Sylvia.

I am not going to argue about what one dangerous mind-control cult says and means and compare it to AGuest's statements to show the flaw. I don't believe the doctrine of one or the other.

I just point out a hole big enough for a dinosaur to walk through (a really big dinosaur).

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear all,

I've just read the thread for the first time - its many responses arose my curiosity. I don't usually read any threads started by AGuest - and... I have no words. Do you know the impression I was under as I was reading it? That it was just a dream and the next day I would post here saying: "You'll never believe the strange dream I had last night".

Have I gone crazy overnight?

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Shelby,

Thanks for the complete story, from your earlier posts I gather that you attended several Judicial Comm. hearings ?

perhaps when you get time you could tell us how they went ? The things you said that prevented them from DFing you on the earlier occasions, are of particular interest to me.

thanks.

Love

Wobble

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Have I gone crazy overnight?

LOL,

No, you haven't.

Sylvia

• donny
    donny

The problem I have with "a little voice told me" stories is I have read tons of these accounts since I have left the Society and the "little voice" seems to tell different people different stories. I am not here to say who is right or wrong in these accounts, but just to say that what the "lttle voice" says seems to be relative to whatever ideas or beliefs that person is currently leaning toward. I remember one account where a "little voice" told a person that hellfire was not a teaching from God only to have another "little voice" tell them years later that it was a biblical teaching.

Donny

• snowbird
    snowbird

The Voice is how AGuest refers to her instructions.

No, I'm not a follower.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit