Me, the WT, and the "Separating Work"...

by AGuest 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

From one cult to another. It seems that the OP has her own cult following here. This thread is hilarious. I agree with OTWO. Aguest needs to do some stand up cult comedy. Laughter worth dying for!

• justmom
    justmom

Hello everyone and maybe especially to "on the way out" is that it?....

I have met the "real" aguest and over the years she has become my sister. The biological family I lost in the org that has still never stood by me, I have gained through Shelby and her family.

What you see is what you get. The real thing! She is the most loving, compassionate, merciful, and forgiving imperfect human you may meet.

While many folks are trying to figure out what may be wrong with her, or ridiculing her for what she sees and hears...she my friends is worrying about how to say what she needs to say in the most loving way possible trying not to offend or stumble anyone if possible.

Most of us here have WT history and know what it felt like to spend most of our lives controlled by what we thought was "truth"

What did we learn? Take from it? or NOT take from it?

That organization prepared us for a time when in the so-called future the legal entity would not exsist. (I thought thats what the bookstudies were for) and that we are to be able to "Walk by faith, not by sight." "Worship in spirit and truth" "Allow holy spirt to teach us all things"

"And to use the gifts of the spriit that Jah has given to each of us individually." We are all different, but all need each other.

Anytime ANYTHING is said here that professes coming from holy spirit...do what the society taught us. TEST IT OUT!

Ask. People can deceive you. But holy spirit will never. Determine your motive and true intent of why we ask what we do. Love should be our true motive. If not. We are still entitled to our opinions...But if you truly do ask, be careful what you ask for. Or more accurately be prepared for the truth. In coming to know the truth, it takes alot of honestly looking into ourselves and the kind the person we are. For so long because the society truly taught us that the outward appearance is so important, that I never realized the real way I looked at things. It was and still is very enlightening.

Anytimne I can be here for you all, let me know

Love and Peace to you

justmom (kim)

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

AGuest? Whhhaaat The Heck!

While I do believe in the direction of God, and that it can come in various forms, why do Christians always want to have a "Paul" experience?

• Think About It
    Think About It

Shelby.....one minute I picture you as a benevolent woman wearing guru garb....the next as some hot chick speeding down the highway able to get out of speeding tickets by flashing some clevage.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Think About It

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Inkie, Inkie, Inkie,

If it will help you and AGuest to seek serious professional help, I apologize for seeming cold to get your attention.

My first post on this thread was a compiment to AGuest. Read the compliment: "I think I finally get it with you. Your thoughts here are intentionally so whacked out that we should be able to see the ridiculousness of the religion through the ridiculousness of what you say happened."

I really meant that. Apparently, I could be wrong and she really might just be "so whacked out." After that post, all I posted was helpful information. I said nothing to deserve your tirade claiming that I raved. Since I believed what I posted, it wasn't sarcasm either. But I will apologize for not remembering that mentally disturbed people need super-duper tender gentle handling. I will speak softly to you if we ever meet face to face and I will make sure not to move suddenly or reach out in any way toward your personal space.

But let me go ahead and do what you have already found me guilty of. If I am to be hanged anyway, I might as well speak up. I will do it in a super-duper tender gentle sort of way without trying to set anyone off on a mental breakdown.

A person who hears voices needs some kind of help. I am trying to bring attention to that. Perhaps we could get a count, not of people that believe AGuest is truthful, but of people that believe;
    1. AGuest has been Contacted by the spirit realm either by demons, angels, God, or whoever.
    2. that JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH is the actual name of God's Holy Spirit.
    3. that the Holy Spirit actually directs people TO the Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    4. that the Holy Spirit directs people to find sales on airflight and arranges all the travel and lodging so that the followers of it's directions can simply just go without worrying or planning- a real show of faith.

I could go on and on, but especially Number 3 here is sufficient.

I am backing away slowly with no sudden moves, awaiting a response from those that really generally agree with the above.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Aguest,

I think what you are experiencing with your visions and hearing is the unconscious moving into the conscious of your psyche. To deny you hear or see anything is not true.

I really think some Jungian research on this subject might be very helpful to understand this better and use it in a good way for yourself sorta balance things out with both the conscious and unconscious and get most benefit from both.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here is some very kind help not delivered with any malice:

Imagine you are in a crowd when you hear your name. You turn, looking for the speaker. No one meets your gaze. It dawns on you that the voice you heard must have sprung from your own mind.

This foray into the uncanny is as close as most people come to experiencing auditory hallucinations or "hearing voices," a condition that affects 70% of patients with schizophrenia and 15% of patients with mood disorders such as mania or depression. For these individuals, instead of hearing just one's name, voices produce a stream of speech, often vulgar or derogatory ("You are a fat whore," "Go to hell") or a running commentary on one's most private thoughts.

The compelling aura of reality about these experiences often produces distress and disrupts thought and behavior. The sound of the voice is sometimes that of a family member or someone from one's past, or is like that of no known person but has distinct and immediately recognizable features (say, a deep, growling voice). Often certain actual external sounds, such as fans or running water, become transformed into perceived speech.

One patient described the recurrence of voices as akin to being "in a constant state of mental rape." In the worst cases, voices command the listener to undertake destructive acts such as suicide or assault. But hearing voices is not necessarily a sign of mental illness, so understanding the mechanics of auditory hallucinations is crucial to understanding schizophrenia and related disorders.

For example, your occasional illusionary perception of your name spoken in a crowd occurs because this utterance is uniquely important. Our brains are primed to register such events; so on rare occasions the brain makes a mistake and reconstructs unrelated sounds (such as people talking indistinctly) into a false perception of the spoken name.

Hallucinated voices are also known to occur during states of religious or creative inspiration. Joan of Arc described hearing the voices of saints telling her to free her country from the English. Rainer Maria Rilke heard the voice of a "terrible angel" amidst the sound of a crashing sea after living alone in a castle for two months. This experience prompted his writing the Duino Elegies.

How can we understand differences between an inspired voice, an isolated instance of hearing one's own name, and the voices of the mentally ill? One answer is that "non-pathological" voices occur rarely or perhaps only once. Not so for the person with mental illness. Without treatment, these experiences recur relentlessly.

Brain imaging studies have found that parts of the temporal lobe activate during these hallucinations. Research at Yale University, as well as studies conducted at the Institute of Psychiatry in London, also detected activation in an area of the brain known as Broca's region during production of "inner speech" or verbal thought.

One theory is that voices arise because Broca's area "dumps" language outputs into parts of the brain that ordinarily receive speech inputs from the outside. To test this theory we are using trans-cranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to reduce the excitability of portions of the temporal lobe and Broca's region.

So far, most patients appear to experience significant improvements from TMS directed to both brain regions, with improvements lasting from two months to over a year. These results, although preliminary, suggest an alternative treatment if validated in larger-scale studies.

What remains unaddressed is the root cause of abnormal brain activations. Researchers are pursuing three intertwined ideas. The first is based on studies suggesting that schizophrenia patients suffer from reduced brain connectivity. As a result, certain groups of neurons, such as those responsible for producing and perceiving language, may begin to function autonomously, beyond the control or influence of other brain systems. It is as if the string section of the orchestra suddenly decided to play its own music, disregarding everyone else.

The second idea is that deprivation of social interaction - namely human conversation-makes the brain more likely to produce hallucinated conversations. Often one of the first signs of schizophrenia-occurring well before manifestations such as hearing voices-is social isolation.

Indeed, sensory deprivation can produce hallucinations in the sense mode that is deprived. An example is Charles Bonnet Syndrome, where visual impairments in the elderly can produce visions of human figures. Could the absence of actual spoken human conversation-a cornerstone of day-to-day human intellect and creativity-produce hallucinated conversations? Recall the extreme isolation that preceded the appearance of Rilke's startling voice.

Third, heightened emotions may play a role in producing voices. Indeed, heightened emotionality prompts the brain to produce information consonant with that emotional state. For example, a low mood favors generation of thoughts that are themselves depressing. It is possible that intense states of emotion could pre-select and perhaps elicit from the brain certain verbal messages having the same emotional charge.

Verbal messages expressed by voices often are highly emotional. Moreover, when schizophrenia begins, these persons are often in states of extreme fear or elation. It could be that these powerful emotional states increase the propensity of the brain to produce corresponding verbal "messages."

This would account for the fact that voices also emerge during states of extreme, but incidental, emotionality brought on by inspired thought, mania, depression, or ingestion of certain drugs. Here the voices disappear when the emotional states return to normal. The brains of schizophrenia sufferers may be vulnerable to becoming "stuck" in these hallucinatory states.

A current hypothesis is that voices arise from different combinations of these three factors-reduced brain integration, social isolation, and high levels of emotionality. This view has become the focus of efforts to understand and help patients with mental illness quiet their minds.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My mother is sure that "Jehovah" (of the Jehovah's Witnesses fame) is God and has led her to the truth because she has "proof" that a handful of her prayers have been answered. I have posted about such before, so I won't go deeply into it.

I did remind her that "Allah" or "the Lord" or the God of the Mormons, Jews, or Catholics have answered many prayers. Followers of these "Gods" will be just as sure. Some will be even more sure.

If God or the Holy Spirit calls someone, then just let God or the Holy Spirit call the rest of us if "He" wants us to serve Him. If He doesn't call us, then forget about it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here's a personal story leading toward THE HEARING VOICES NETWORK:

http://www.power2u.org/articles/selfhelp/voices.html

• justmom
    justmom

Dear on the way out:

you cannot be serious in your replies 1,2,3,4...

#1 I saw a t-shirt that reminds me of you: "Your just jealous cause the voices don't speak to you." lol sad thing is....the voice speaks to EVERYONE. It is our choice whether we choose to hear or refrain. I hear that same voice and maybe to YOU I seem crazy. But then so did EVERY prophet, messenger, disciples and even God's son appear crazy or demonized. Hearing not all. John 14:23 & 26 says the father and son will make their abode with us.

#2 The name Jaheshua mischajah is the proper name for the son. Your choice what to use or not. You are entitled to that.

#3 ...direct people to the headquarters? Why not? Moses was sent to the Pharoah of Egypt and told to let his people go. Jonah was sent to Ninevah and told them to repent or die. Spirit told Phillip to go directly down the road to gaza and attach himself to a CHARIOT and witness and baptize a eunich. Noah was told to preach to an entire world for 40 years. Joseph was told how to interpret dreams and distribute during a famine, therefore making him under pharoah himself. Peter said "Here I am Lord, SEND ME" send me where??? he was willing to go anywhere it was Jahs purpose. And it can go on and on......

#4 What does the saying mean , "Take a leap of faith" if thats not what it really is. Our lord and master said he would have a very difficult time finding faith in the earth. Because if we can't see it, we don't believe it. If we don't hear it, there must not be a voice. When "we are seeking the kingdom first all necessities are added to us." Even when we don't know where the finances or details are, he makes it happen. We have been living proof of that.

I'm sorry you may have difficulty with this , but again it is your choice. I personally can say yes and have experienced all 4 of your scenarios.

nothin but peace and love to you.

justmom (Kim)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit