Me, the WT, and the "Separating Work"...

by AGuest 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

AGuest:

I had some of that same initial fear when I started posting what I heard, first on H20, then here). Considering the

world/country we/I live in, my education,

security clearances, background and employment, etc.... it is something that used to keep me up nights, albeit briefly.

I sure hope she's got the pipeline to God.

om

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Make that all #5 on my list. How many believe this conversation actually took place, including the admission of "in anticipation of 1975" ?

Actually OTWO, I would bet she really did have a convo with a governing body member, though I doubt if it is retold accurately. She hears Jesus say what she wants him to say, you can bet Bro Barber is gonna be remembered saying what fits her script. The rest of her life from that day forward involves making that encounter into something much larger than it really was*. I'd guess that the encounter is central to her psychosis.

hint: it's not really that big a deal to have a conversation with a member of the governing body, nor is it a big deal to have "New Light" wrt Watchtower doctrine. After all, the gb comes up with new light all the time, and they are idiots.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

He died in 2005 or 2006 I think.

You're probably thinking of Barr, who is now about 97 or 98 and likely the next to go.

Thanks. My bad on that. Barr...Barber. That's too close for comfort.

• goldensky
    goldensky

"I have read this thread four times now, and I don't understand anything about this thread at all", JWoods said (how do you do it guys, framing so nicely what others have said?).

Thank you, JWoods! I feel much better now.

And I won't have a clear conscience if I don't say this: I find the criticism OntheWayOut has received on this thread to be appaling, totally unjustified and plain crazy. He makes total sense to me.

• Inkie
    Inkie

Way Out, Way Out, Way Out,

When I opened your response directed to me, I laughed with mirth and jocundity. I could “hear” you when you wrote: Inkie, Inkie, Inkie . . . . I wasn’t sure if it was condescension or what; nevertheless, it is what it is. And only you know what “it” is. Your post to my attention is, in fact, quite welcome as it now reads as from someone who has a semblance of caring, unlike how your previous posts read.

Nevertheless, I find it hard to believe you. I find it hard to believe that what you wrote in any of your previous posts to AGuest or about AGuest had anything to do with “helpful information” to quote you. From my perspective, you now seem to be backpeddling—but that’s okay. Sometimes backpeddling can be a good decision. You seem, in your latest posts, to have a much gentler tone.

Your apology (if it is sincere) is accepted. Actually, I forgive you for it BEFORE you even ask for it (If you even ask for it.) and I don’t hold anything against you, WO.

I will apologize for not remembering that mentally disturbed people need super-duper tender gentle handling. [Is “tender gentle handling” only for “mentally disturbed people”? Is that what you believe? Really? That it’s ONLY for “mentally disturbed people”? Wow!] I will speak softly to you if we ever meet face to face [Why ‘thank you,’ Sir.] and I will make sure not to move suddenly or reach out in any way toward your personal space.” [Why ‘thank you’ again, Sir. Your sarcasm here indeed IS of a gentler sort. LOLOL ‘Thank you.’]

Because you seem to now be “concerned” that one does not have a “mental breakdown,” your endeavor to speak “in a super-duper tender gentle sort of way” will, no doubt, be appreciated by one and all—certainly by me.

You also write:

A person who hears voices needs some kind of help. [This writing is of an entirely different sort, WO, entirely different. And it’s much more palatable. And if you truly want people to receive what you present, even the Bible says to ‘season your words with “salt,”’ so that it is received well, yes?] I am trying to bring attention to that. [Well good. That’s much better.] Perhaps we could get a count [And what purpose will a “count” serve?], not of people that believe AGuest is truthful, but of people that believe;

1. AGuest has been Contacted by the spirit realm either by demons, angels, God, or whoever.

2. that JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH is the actual name of God's Holy Spirit.

3. that the Holy Spirit actually directs people TO the Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses.

4. that the Holy Spirit directs people to find sales on airflight and arranges all the travel and lodging so that the followers of it's directions can simply just go without worrying or planning- a real show of faith.

I could go on and on, but especially Number 3 here is sufficient.

I am backing away slowly with no sudden moves [Reminds me of an episode from The Three Stooges . . . slowly we turn, step by step, inch by inch. . . . LOLOL Good for you, WO.], awaiting a response from those that really generally agree with the above.

WO: I have known AGuest for quite a number of years now. I can honestly say that she is quite sane. She is loving, kind, pleasant, winsome, charming, sweet, fair, benevolent, gentle, considerate, thoughtful, tender-hearted, generous, intelligent, insightful, perceptive, bright, funny, serious, interesting, warm-hearted. . . . I could go on but I think you get my point. I consider myself honored and greatly blessed to know AGuest.

When you attacked her IN THE WAY THAT YOU DID, I became defensive, out of my love and respect and loyalty to her. I don’t know if you can understand that. It may be difficult. Maybe you can appreciate that. I don’t know. Nevertheless, AGuest is my sister in Christ. And while anyone can challenger her thinking or her beliefs, I will not stand for her being attacked in such unkind and uncaring ways toward another human being. I’m sure you understand. Or, at least, I hope you do.

And that’s all I have to say to you. May Jah, the Most Holy One of Israel, bless you and show you His tender mercies, now and for always. May His Christ shine upon you. Blessings, WO.

Six of Nine: You are obviously short of Three:

6 of 9 said: I'll never understand why Simon allows inmates to run the asylum.

I will make no further comment.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Afternoon Aguest/Shelby..

I loved your story..You had me laughing..

You scared the sh*t out of Barber..LOL!!..

You were demonized for sure.....He probaly did`nt sleep for a week..LOL!!..

I see some here,think you have a Cult following..LOL!!..

How come you never told me about it?..

LOL!!..

How could there be the Slightest Possibility,that you have friends on the board who enjoy your company?..

It has to be a Cult Following!..

A Christian Cult,that a Non-Christian like me belongs to..

Someone who has no religious interest..Other than the Idiot JW Cult he was raised in..

LOL!!..Wait!!..That does`nt make sense!..

Is there a possibility that you have many friends here,that simply like you?..

Oh....It`s all so confusing!!.

Where is Sherlock Holmes when you need him?!..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

Outlaw.

I believe Shelby's account.

Do I agree with everything she posts?

Of course not!

Do I expect agreement with everything I post?

Of course not!

Thank you.

Sylvia

• AGuest
    AGuest

I should probably walk away now (may you ALL have peace!)... and I will in a moment. Before I do, though, I really need to say:

1. I only posted it this time because I was asked to.

2. If I lied about what Mr. Barber said to me I would be bearing false witness against my brother. I don't bear false witness against anyone.

I am sorry that even the truth of this account is difficult for some to swallow... and grateful for those who pushed past their doubt. This was no vision - it really did happen just as I said. It is one of the primary reasons I started "following" my Lord's voice: I entirely lost my fear of them. All of them. But, ah, well... what can I say? Hear... or refrain. The WONDERFUL thing about the Most Holy One of Israel is that He doesn't MAKE us do anything. He allows us to choose.

So, choose for yourselves whom you will follow. I have already stated... more times than I (or you) can count: I follow the Lamb. WHEREVER he goes.

Again... may you ALL have peace... and may YOU be granted to ears to hear the Spirit and the Bride when they say to YOU (and they WILL say it to you - question is, will you HEAR it when they do...):

"Come! ALL you who are thirsting... come. ALL you who are wishing... come. Come... take life's "water"... the holy spirit of God... which spirit is dispensed by the One I follow... the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... free. Because unlike death... HE asks no "price" for his wonderful gifts... except that we learn love. Even for our enemies... which, as you can guess... isn't always easy. So, some of us need him to help us "get there."

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, walking away...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Shelby..

Check your Email..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

OTWO,

I am beginning to think that it is you who have a problem. It seems you are trying to influence others every bit as much as you accuse Shelby of. You might just want to check your own motivation. Why are you dogedly responding to everything she says.... If you don't like what she says...just avoid her posts. It is apparent that you have not really read her posts... you've just opined before understanding what she is saying. Other posters here are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves whether to believe what Shelby says or not.

You don't believe in God..... Ok, we get that. You have every right to express that here. No one is obligated to believe what you believe, however... and not believing as you believe doesn't make anyone crazy. Shelby is not crazy, any more than you are.

Shelby has been on this board since it began...and before that H2O. She has been unwavering and completely consistent in her expressions... and she is kind and loving, no matter what is thrown at her. She is not looking for followers. She directs anyone who wants to...to go to Christ... NOT Shelby.

I believe what Shelby says. I too am a follower of Christ....not another human being or organization. That is the whole point she makes here. Don't follow her...or any other human or group or organization... Go to the Source...

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit