It's official--I'm out.

by sd-7 88 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

You are no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you are Christopher. We welcome the offical return of your own personality! It's a big world outside the organization, enjoy it.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I'll be going against the opinion flow here, so I've already put on my bullet-proof vest.

I feel terribly sorry for Christopher's wife, and her child. I would like to hear her side of the story, and not only the side of the man who, a few months after his marriage, is bemoaning his wedding ring in a pub/bar situation. At this stage it seems that this is all about Christopher.

I'm not sensing any attempt to take your wife's hand, Christopher, and say "Let's talk about this forever that we promised each other... in court.... very recently....."

You don't care about her child. You call it "the child" and in fact until recently called it "the baby" even though her child is much older than a baby.

With a caring partner, Christopher's wife could well be led out of the cult. But it seems she has been landed with a self-absorbed immature cad (that she married because they had sex over a two-month period and both she and he wanted to avoid DF'ing).

Jamiebowers, when the afterglow of your bar meet-up with Christopher wears off, perhaps you should meet up with his wife and step-child and get a 360 degree perspective.

• skywho
    skywho

congrats!!! ((HUG))

• Gayle
    Gayle

You've stood your ground,,they didn't break you. You've been in a tough war,,but you have YOU,,you have freedom. Now you will strengthen,,knowing what it cost,,it is bitter yet,,then bittersweet sets in,,and it gets sweeter with time.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

You are strong, you are wise, and you are not afraid to do your research.

You'll be great. I'm sorry you are hurting right now. Rites of passage are rarely easy... I'm sure being born hurt like crazy but we managed to forget.

Love,
    Baba.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    So I grow sick of the need to say, "I'm disfellowshipped." I'm not disfellowshipped. I'm Christopher. So don't ever call me anything except my name. I am not a status in a religious group that forms 1/1000th of the population of one planet in one solar system in one galaxy amongst billions. I am a person. That's all I ever was, and all I ever will be.

And one helluva person at that! You've come so far, dear heart. And you'll go even farther as you make friends in the real world. You know a few exjws in your area now, but I'm sure there are many more if you look on meetup.com.

I feel terribly sorry for Christopher's wife, and her child. I would like to hear her side of the story, and not only the side of the man who, a few months after his marriage, is bemoaning his wedding ring in a pub/bar situation. At this stage it seems that this is all about Christopher.
    I'm not sensing any attempt to take your wife's hand, Christopher, and say "Let's talk about this forever that we promised each other... in court.... very recently....."
    You don't care about her child. You call it "the child" and in fact until recently called it "the baby" even though her child is much older than a baby.
    With a caring partner, Christopher's wife could well be led out of the cult. But it seems she has been landed with a self-absorbed immature cad (that she married because they had sex over a two-month period and both she and he wanted to avoid DF'ing).
    Jamiebowers, when the afterglow of your bar meet-up with Christopher wears off, perhaps you should meet up with his wife and step-child and get a 360 degree perspective.

Quillsky, you have no idea what you're talking about. To preserve some privacy and out of respect for his wife and stepdaughter, Christopher hasn't revealed everything that's happened in their family. The problems in their relationship are not entirely because Christopher learned the truth about the "truth". And as for meeting him at a bar, I live six hours away from where Christopher lives, you Nimrod. Quite frankly, your "afterglow" comment is disgusting and insulting. If, and that's a big if, Christopher and I ever meet up, it will be in the presence of my loving husband and hopefully Christopher's wife if she ever recovers from the brainwashing of the Watchtower cult. For Christ's sake, I'm almost old enough to be Christopher's mother! How about paying attention to some small details that are listed on this site; like our ages and locations. If your reading comprehension skills were anywhere near your gift for rumour and inuendo, you could've figured out who Christopher met at a bar. And I've read every one of his posts and have never heard him "bemoaning his wedding ring".

Don't bother apologizing for jumping to conclusions. But if you ever slander me on this site again, I will file a complaint with the moderators. I dont know what's worse; your stupidity or your dirty mindedness. But suffice it to say, I expect you to leave me alone.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*pats Jamie on the back*

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Wow. Jamiebowers, your response to me is probably the most defensive and simultaneously offensive I've ever seen on an internet forum.

Are you okay?

Clearly you don't welcome dialogue, intellectual exploration or any kind of conversation. Perhaps you prefer to interact on a different type of forum, maybe not a discussion forum? Do you mainly post on boards where people send kitten pictures to each other?

But suffice it to say, I expect you to leave me alone

No problem at all.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Quillsky, Perhaps you should get some facts about what you post before you accuse and slander two seperate posters in one comment. Assumptions and accusations should not be part of any forum, and what you said is in no way "intellectual exploration."

I'm sorry for getting off of topic SD-7, or Christopher. What do we call you now?

• besty
    besty
    Wow. Jamiebowers, your response to me is probably the most defensive and simultaneously offensive I've ever seen on an internet forum. Are you okay? Clearly you don't welcome dialogue, intellectual exploration or any kind of conversation. Perhaps you prefer to interact on a different type of forum, maybe not a discussion forum? Do you mainly post on boards where people send kitten pictures to each other?

Just man up and apologize to Jamie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit