sd-7

Thanks, palm.

Feeling too many emotions at once.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Just breathe, darling.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Sometimes it is best to let just the DA crises die down and let the aftershocks settle before doing anything.

I agree with the others here who have supported you without any reservations.

I missed this when you first posted - did you end up attending the meeting where they read it?

Best to you, James

• snowbird
    snowbird

Psalm 51:16 -17 Going through the motions doesn't please you,
    a flawless performance is nothing to you.
    I learned God-worship
    when my pride was shattered.
    Heart-shattered lives ready for love
    don't for a moment escape God's notice. MSG

(((((((Christopher)))))))

Sylvia

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Fantastic news Chris and best of luck for the rest of your life, there will be many ups and downs, my lowest ever point was the final year of my marriage, which concluded with a new career, new apartment, the final shackle was broken and then the best years of my adult life began, keep strong and well done.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I missed this when you first posted - did you end up attending the meeting where they read it?

No. I happened to be sick and used it as an excuse to not go. Surprisingly, my mom attended to hear the announcement. You'd think it was graduation day or something...why would she want to be there to hear that?

But now she's trying to be friends with my wife. Whatever. I made my choice for good, valid reasons, so...nothing can change that.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Great, Chris. Probably best thing you could have done under the circumstances -

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I happened to be sick and used it as an excuse to not go.

That sounds like a contradictory statement. I was sick, having chills and joint pains--similar to a previous sinus infection I had, but its duration was one day instead of one week+, like last time. I was still well enough to be there, but for what? I mean, nobody's going to say anything to you, right? Would you want to worship at a place like that? Waste of time. I didn't explain to my wife that I had no interest in going. She figured it out from my actions.

I gave her a ride and picked her up, though--by which time the shunning had already begun. One guy just looked at me like I'd lost my mind. Nah. Just found it, pal. Just found it.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Thank you for sharing Christopher I really appreciated it. Life will go on. Congratulations.

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Congratulations SD-7. Though I was never JW, I did leave a different cult. Not easy to do, but worth the emotional investment.

Whatever you end up discarding from your life will need to be replaced eventually. Nature abhors a vacuum. You may think you have discarded religion, but you have only eliminated the JWs, a false religion. This is only one more step in your spiritual journey. When you are ready, I'd suggest you obtain a copy of an English Bible that was translated with more integrity than the NWT (try the New American Standard Bible -- NASB -- it is a good one) and read the book of John as a way of reconnecting with spirituality.

Blessings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit