It's official--I'm out.

by sd-7 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

In the future, when you are much, much older and you look back on this time of your life, I hope you will feel that you did what was right and true in your heart. I hope it helps to pave a better life for you now. I hope your wife will choose to go with you.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

sd-7,

Good luck with everything!

And take care of your health!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Thanks, everyone. Billy--I'm in good health now. Guess I just got sick at the thought of the meeting, huh?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

SD-7, going to a meeting would make me sick to my stomach too!

• sd-7
    sd-7
    When you are ready, I'd suggest you obtain a copy of an English Bible that was translated with more integrity than the NWT (try the New American Standard Bible -- NASB -- it is a good one) and read the book of John as a way of reconnecting with spirituality.

I tried a sample of the NASB after reading your post. I like it, but I feel weird seeing 'LORD' in all those places instead of 'Jehovah'. I've mostly still been reading the NWT these days. Sporadically, though. Kind of having my issues with spirituality right now.

Still haven't seen any apology from Quillsky. Guess none is forthcoming. I'll have to try and let bygones be bygones, then.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Quillsky is about 20 years of age, I believe?

That's the know-it-all stage.

Let him add a another decade to his life; he'll be apologizing to you!

Sylvia

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, I've certainly been there. But really? He's 20? Now I'm really insulted. But okay. I mean, it's better to just let it go anyway. I'll leave the character judgments to the people that count, the people right here in my life--or at least people who have more than 50% of the picture to go on.

It was just such a shock to read, that's all. It would've been more forgivable if he hadn't brought Jamie into it like that. Jamie, hundreds of miles away, old enough to be my mom--I mean, it requires a lot of imagination to go there.

... But it's done now, might as well leave it be. Maybe it bothered me 'cause I'm always worried about whether or not maybe I am selfish or something. But I have to let my wife be the judge of that, not just anyone. So...got to move on from it like adults do.

• zoiks
    zoiks

You're already well above it, Christopher, and so is Jamie. No need to give it a second thought.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

SD-7...I understand what you mean when you say seeing "Lord" in place of Jehovah seems wierd. Just take it slowly as you feel comfortable. Bearing in mind though that the NT insertions of 'Jehovah' have no justification. it is new, and probably uncharted territory. I personally am a fan of NASB.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Your wife has been indoctrinated to believe this:

" So even though unbelievers may promise freedom when they promote a way of life that is at odds with Jehovah’s teachings, any who listen to them will quickly find themselves enslaved to a sinful and degrading lifestyle. " (w-01-15-10)

Now you can prove them wrong. It takes time but you can show her that you will NOT 'quickly find yourself enslaved to a sinful and degrading lifestyle.' Screw the form of "God's Love" that they're selling and just keep yourself in your family's love. Be a good husband and father. She'll come around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit