Ambushed!!!!! Fam'ly Intervention!

by sd-7 63 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

This 'internet person' is very sorry that you had do deal with that highly charged, emotional encounter. I can't even imagine how I'd deal with it, but you seem to have kept your wits about you and stayed relatively calm which is to be applauded. The thing you can look forward to now is the silence. Enjoy it, dude! Show love and affection to your family and hopefully the negative will melt away faster than you think. Fingers crossed for you!

• cantleave
    cantleave

SD7 - something you said may have got your brother thinking. A comment made to me by someone I was involved in DFing for apostacy stuck with me and gnawed away for a good few years. It was one of the first things I checked and verified when the doubts began surfacing. My friend you may have sowed some seeds.

• sacolton
    sacolton

The key to understanding all Jehovah's Witnesses is this ...

They WANT to believe it no matter what. They MUST believe it. Everything is spoon-fed to them. It's for lazy non-thinkers.

"Oh, we don't need to research ... the Governing Body does our homework for us."

• sd-7
    sd-7

Another great one, sacolton. Thank you.

What is this Husband Corps rules you speak of? Bah...

What, you've never heard of the Green Husband Corps? In brightest day, in blackest night, no need of hers shall escape my sight? Let those who would tempt me to leave her side, beware my power--Green Husband's light? Rooooar? Never heard of it? Oh. Yeah, well, it's kind of new and subject to serious copyright infringement, so...just forget I mentioned it.

I admit I need to show more love towards them, but it's hard to feel anything after being harassed like that. I mean, if you really want to help someone get 'readjusted', where is the love? At least my mom wanted to show me some love. Some.

Darn, should've taken all of my Wii games back...

• dandingus
    dandingus

Wow man. That's a lot. Thanks for sharing all of that. I couldn't stop reading. Your arguments were very well thought out and you spent a lot of time detailing it. I appreciate that.

The emotional trauma of it all has been pretty heavy. I'm feeling pretty unstable, like, keep-all-weapons-away-from-me unstable. I've got a lot to ponder.

I liked this line. A little dark, but I know exactly what you mean. Felt that way myself before for a while. Leaving isn't easy...

Please let me say: I'm so glad you don't hate your brother. I was that brother once (although not quite as bad I think). The worst part of reading your message for me was the nauseating feeling of having been on the other end of that once and being ashamed of myself for it.

Years ago when I was still a Witness my brother left home to move in with my father. Our parents were/are divorced and although mom and all of we children were in the organization dad wasn't. So when my brother left to go live with him he also did it in part to leave the "truth". Of course, being a good brother and not wanting to lose my little brother when the end of the world came, I confronted him about it. It went pretty much like your conversation went. I never deliberately shunned him, but I thought at the time he was being selfish and foolish and we didn't really speak for a long while.

Now that I have left as well we have patched things up. We even had a few drinks together in a bar and played darts and pool a few weeks ago. And that's a great thing for me too, since now I get to spend time with his son, my nephew, who is 2 years old and absolutely adorable. To think I would have kept myself from all that...

Who knows? Maybe one day your brother will ease up about this, or even leave himself. Stranger things have happened. Keep an open mind man, and chin up. Thanks again, very much for sharing this. Best wishes!!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

im a man of few words, but my comment is this: MOTHER FUCK sitting there for the annoucement. but thats just me, im not setting foot in another kingdom hall again, ever.

part of the disipline? LOL, those elders can only "disipline" you if they have power or authority of you, which they dont have.

that cracks me up that an elder would think that on an apostasy case. what a nut.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The step you have just gone through is very tough but needed to be done so you can move on.

Although your father said not to rock the boat for family, I do not think it meant doing what goes against your own principles. He never converted to being a JW for the sake of his wife and so showed you can stand up to them.

I love your retort to the demons getting at you from the Internet. It shows how superstitious JWs are. If that was the case they could get to you through TV, the radio, a book, a billboard. ... anywhere. Why don't they just pin you to the ground and convert you to their demon ways.

• awildflower
    awildflower

His concluding remarks to me in private were, "I wasn't sh** to you. F*** you." Then he stormed out of the house.

Now that sounds more like the REAL jw's behind closed doors!

• zoiks
    zoiks

Chris, the emotional and mental bullying that you're going through are so painful. To have your own family members treat you that way, to feel the frustration of not being able to reason with them, is to know what many have gone through and are going through right now. Your story is just too familiar and close to home for myself and others... and yet it is yours alone.

Strength to you now and in the days to come. You've shown that you're a person of character and integrity.

And yes, married men do go to bars! And if you start demanding chocolate milk, you may find that married men also can get kicked out of bars...

Edit: Oh, yeah, and congrats on growing a beard! It's one of the first "worldly" things I did, and my wife LOVES it

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You already know their mentality:

1. If you find that the Society is right, you wasted your time which would have been better served recruiting. If you find that the Society is wrong, then you are listening to information from Satan, because WRONG isn't a word they use for themselves ever.

2 and 5. Reading old WT literature on the internet leads to them actually changing what it said. But even if you read it from the WT library at the Kingdom Hall or the CD-ROM, well.... that's just old light.

3. Even stating what they wrote can be denied despite the fact that it's written. If you actually dig it out, then they can resort to "You are taking it out of context." If you read the context, they will find some microscopic logic fallacy to support the reason it's there.

We got to the 587 B.C. date, .... ...He asked if I'd been to any museums to investigate this issue, which I haven't.

I love that answer. It's not reliable evidence if you hadn't done all the legwork yourself, but WTS's claims are acceptable. I would boldly cut through such a crappy reply with "YES, I have been to the museum. Would you like to go with me to see what I found?" He would never go and call your bluff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit