Ambushed!!!!! Fam'ly Intervention!

by sd-7 63 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You're getting stronger and stronger. And here's warm and fuzzy for ya...I would be honored to be counted among your friends. Plan a trip to Ohio this summer, dear heart.

• etna
    etna

sd-7 don't forget what you said, "they are bullies". No one treats friends or people and especially FAMILY like that. Your lucky your dad isn't a jw. I haven't looked back, there are so many genuine, loving people out in the "world". Good luck and I hope everything will work out. But don't think it will be easy as we are conditioned to think like them and you will for a while.

All the best

Etna

• yknot
    yknot

I like the suggestion to take your wife out to a nice wine or martini bar

Thank you for sharing your story and journey!

Unfortunately I was born a 'silver lining' person.... so here is what I see:

You should let things 'cool-down' and realize that you have an 'opening' should you present it wisely! Maybe your mom is the best one to approach first. Why not suggest that if you are in error and your very salvation does hang in the balance than you would be willing to 're-examine' everything with her help and guidance of course! .....start using phrases about older pubs like 'our rich/abundant spiritual heritage'

Plan ahead to have all references verified as best possible to show full context of quotes.

I think the whole WT forgery thing was pretty weak but that doesn't mean the PDFs are out of the question but at first it would be best to use what you can find in yalls KH library (or consider local college libraries) and take advantage of recent and upcoming WT articles that highlight older material. Maybe show her google books or project Gutenberg (has only Harp of God).

Also consider JW owned sites like http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk, your mom will appreciate their 'reasons' page. http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/reason.html.

Ole Stan has a nice page of downloads of newsclippings! http://www.theocraticlibrary.com/downloads.htm , http://www.tvgonline.org/ConventionPrograms/index.htm

To help her 'accept' the PDFs you could also introduce her sites 'in good standing' (ie no direct apostate ties) who offer CDs or reprints!

http://www.researchapplications.org/ (which is listed on strictlygenteel's links page)

Also make a point to sneak in some of Chasson's copies.....because the deliciousness of Woodworth first hand is not to be missed!

Until the 'cooling off' has happened spend tons of time with your wife, treating and tempting her with the wonders of a husband who isn't enslaved to the Borg!

• chigaimasmaro
    chigaimasmaro

Black Sheep - Remember, JWs are taught not to listen, so don't tell them anything. (Even when they ask a question, they do not listen to your answer with understanding.)

They are taught to teach, so ask questions.

This has to be the best advice I've seen that I'd like to second. Even though to JW's they feel they are being "helpful", all they are doing is looking for the next oppurtunity to prove themselves right and bury you with your own words.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

All I can say is Wow.

Warm and Fuzzies to you!

Good luck!

We're here....

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Something about laundry that brings out the worst in people...I think its because your wet socks keep you captive for the abuse they want to heap on you. Went to my JWexs house to do HIS kids laundry last fall when our washer broke down, and was met with FULL FORCE CONTEMPT and told I wasnt to be trusted being in MY house alone without my EX being there to make sure my apostate self doesnt corrupt my JW sister in laws kids...she lives in MY house now with her five JW uh...offspring.

That pretty much sealed the deal for it, like it hadnt been. I took my laundry home...WET...just to get the hell out of there.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I greatly appreciate the outpouring of support, folks. The announcement was made tonight, but I was not present. I did take my wife to the Kingdom Hall, however. To my surprise, my mother, who does not go to this congregation, was just arriving at the same time. She had the nerve to wave at me. I waved back, though the look on my face was, "What the shell are you doing here?"

I'm actually a bit insulted, that the woman my mother previously thought nothing of and probably didn't really want me to marry is suddenly going to be her best buddy in the midst of this.

Conveniently, I felt sick today and used that as an excuse to not go. My wife, who already told me it was pointless to go for the sake of supporting her, seemed to expect me to go anyway. ???

My brother called and apologized for cursing at me and getting out of hand. I would have appreciate a more thorough apology that included 'sorry for calling you stupid repeatedly and attacking your character for no reason save that your beliefs are different than mine'. But whatever.

I'm probably going to have to leave shortly to pick up the wife and kid, but I did manage to rent a movie, a PG movie. Hey, I may not be one of them anymore, but...I guess the fact is, I'm just a conservative at heart. Just a less judgmental conservative. (Of course, I do like stuff that's a bit more on the TV-14 side of life, but it's hard to watch that with a wife and kid around.)

... My wife and I finally did the 'due' for the first time in a month. But...she was crying afterwards. I can't help wondering...about what I've done to her. I only wanted to do the right thing. I felt in my heart that something was wrong with this religion, and I set out on a search to see if perhaps there were other points of view, other possibilities. I never expected to learn such terrible things, things that could not be denied. I never planned to have them damage my family so thoroughly.

Would you believe we tried to go to a food distribution today, and my wife was worried that it might be at a church? I can't help noticing the irony of that. So, Jehovah's Witnesses don't distribute food except to THEIR OWN during a natural disaster or the like. If they do, I've never heard of it or read about it. They have no official food distribution programs. Yet, other religions do it, and we would actually refuse to accept it, even if we needed it, on account of the fact that they don't share our beliefs? I mean, I find it embarrassing that we would have to go to another religion for that. If anything, maybe I need to go to their services, 'cause obviously they must be teaching something better than what we're teaching, to be doing that.

Well, I guess I better go. I feel like I did this in a dream before. Maybe. ... Things are tough right now. I hope they will get better in time, and I hope my wife doesn't try to coerce me to go to any more meetings. I may go to the assemblies and conventions with her just until she learns to drive, but otherwise, no thanks. I'm very much done with this religion.

Take care, bird food/demons/evil apostate worldly people. See you in Gehenna.

--sd-7

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

Trust your innerself, you will make it. There are much better days ahead of you. Many of us have been there, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and you know from your heart you are doing the right thing.

Best of luck!

• fluke
    fluke

I love this forum...

Just to let you know, I think atleast half the Dubby hubbies are in the same boat as you... Trying hard to false the smile, take the kids to the meetings, conventions and the like... The cat service on the minimumstry... (Cat service = me'our)

I dont envy your spot... I dread the day that my parents find out about my 'demonic evilness' sss sss... Stupid arse morons!!!!

I cant belive I was one of the flock, once!!! >:(

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Christopher,

You will be all right. The pain of leaving the WT is not much different than divorcing an evil, unfaithful, tyrant spouse. When there is a bond there is mourning even grief for what had been or should have been. The bond that most JWs have with the org is the fantasy of exclusivity. The emotional investment is difficult to throw away. One is left feeling empty, like the day after a divorce is final. Expect the stages of mourning to play out. Look up the stages of mourning for a death of a loved one, they are the same for a divorce and likely for this commencement. Know what comes next, one of the stages is ANGER.

Your essay is prose itself.

As was expected, the family, like me and most others, had no understanding of what mind control is about--it is not hypnosis or anything like that. It is far more subtle. And while it may change the behaviors of some in a positive way, improperly used, it can destroy intellectual freedom, the capacity for reason, logic, independent thought (sssss!!! Evil!! SSS!!). As humans, we need those abilities to keep ourselves from being fooled or enslaved by just anyone who comes along claiming to be someone special, using persuasive words.

I truly enjoyed reading your post.

Trust the Holy Spirit to guide you. Pray for him to help you and ask God to have the Holy Spirit pray with you. And listen. Be thankful, GOD IS GOOD! When he opens your next door just go in. You will understand. Don't trust any of the WatchTower's fear tactics, especially "Demons" taking you over for going to a Church Supper! (I am convinced that for the WT to be so egregious and deceitful they must be ruled by demons, nothing else makes sense.) "There is no fear in Love, perfect love throws fear outside." "He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world."

Since God has blessed you with understanding then proceeded with your exit interview via the elders then you must be ready for what follows.

What GOD BLESSES nothing can curse, no demon, no witch or sorcerer, no committee, no blog.

Pray for rain.

Blessings, prayers and love,

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit