Are Any Of You Afraid of Dying At Armageddon?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I found the film Armageddon very entertaining not scary. And of course the good old USA, with their oil drilling technology saved us all.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont want to die at all. But I know its coming. We all have a date with death.

Its possible that some of us will die as a result of something that will appear to us like

armageddon. Earthquake, nuclear explosion.

As far as I can tell everyone dies. We have all new people since 1880.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

No! and mix in what everyone else has wrote, except AGuest.

Blueblades

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

if I ever went back it would be because of the love I have for those I left behind, not out of fear or a sense of guilt

• lumper
    lumper

In the days leading up to 1975 I can remember the group anxiety over Armageddon. As was the society's controlling methods it seemed like they emphasized Zephaniah 2:2,3 quite a bit. "Seek righteousness, seek humility, perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger." In other words you could be the very best Jw ever and still not survive the big A; sell more magazines, sell more books!!!!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Nope

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Nope. Don't think it is going to happen. And if it does, and I die, well you gotta die of something, right? I've made my peace.

Armageddon is just the JWs equivalent of other religions hellfire doctrine. It's meant to instill terror and compel obedience. I refuse to allow it to have a hold on me.

• Twitch
    Twitch

No

"Religion is for those who are afraid of Hell.

Sprituality is for those of us who have been there."

Yea,...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I am happy to say I'm not afraid of Armageddon at all.

I regret to say that the guilt over indoctrinating my kid may never go away.

• musky
    musky

I would not be honest if I said I was not afraid.Not so much Armageddon as defined by the Watchtower,as the thought that if there is a God,I would not be acceptable to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit