Are Any Of You Afraid of Dying At Armageddon?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

I developed a real relationship with God with Christ as my mediator. I told God we can do this when ever he wants a few years ago. It's a peaceful feeling but a hard place to get to. Whether he takes me at armagedoon or as an old man in my sleep it makes no difference to me.

• yknot
    yknot

I have been 'trained-up' to SURVIVE Armageddon ......

(on a more realistic note: I will die of old age in 'this system of things')

Besides the new 'end date' based on the April's Generation is December 31, 2134.... if using a 120 year lifespan.

• chickpea
    chickpea

as a dr0ne in the b0rg, i played by the rules
    so i wasnt worried (overmuch)

as a freed mind.... no

• crapola
    crapola

I used to be when I believed it was real. Not anymore!

• highdose
    highdose

What armargeddon? You mean the one that only exsists in the minds of brain washed JW's? I think i was destoryed there some time ago... but i tell you it has yet to affect me in the real world.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Dying out of an ancient fictional story, I don't think so.

Unfortunately people who have been indoctrinated by the JWS

and leave carry with them this psychological fear for a varied length in time.

Fear that was used to procure and maintain control over the flock.

Dispelling fear and provocation to gain power and money is pretty sick when you think about it,

but it empower men and builds kingdoms for themselves.

• dandingus
    dandingus

I always sort of assumed (and still do) that what will be will be, and don't worry about it overmuch. If God deems who I am inside as unworthy then no amount of meeting attendence or field service or whatever will change that. I always felt that I would try to be the best person I can, and the rest is out of my hands. If I truly feel that I lived a life of love then even if I die or am destroyed I can meet my end with a clear conscience. And if there is no afterlife, but just nothingness then I won't know about it anyway. The concept of being no more is kind of scary, but there is nothing we can do to change it. So we must do what we can with the time we have.

• hoser
    hoser

I figured out many years ago that Armageddon is the Jehovahs witness equivalent of Catholic/Protestant Hell.

Do as we say or go you burn in Hell/die at Armegeddon

Same $hit different pile

One SAD or Circuit assembly the guy on the stage was going on and on about whether if you didn't regular pioneer you might die at Armegeddon cause I guess publishers and auxilary pioneers just arn't gonna make it.

I wish I would have recorded that talk and put it on the net for all to hear the control freaks

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Hmmm....We are all gonna die

• nelly136
    nelly136

when i left it took a while for that fear to wear off. its been gone for years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit