Are Any Of You Afraid of Dying At Armageddon?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Never did even as a witness.

Don't beleive in Armageddon anymore and a God that will kill everyone on earth!

• torn in two son
    torn in two son

Armageddon. Oh boy. I'd rather go on using Pascal's Wager to pick out logic from the ever-closer end of the world. Pascal's Wager, live your life as kindly, unselfishly, etc. as you can. If God exsists, hooray! Either heaven, or nothing at all. Because you weren't living an immoral life, hopefully. If he doesn't, well then you die. Big deal. I don't think God exsits, but I don't think there's absolutely no way he couldn't exsist either. I haven't said prayers before eating for months now, I've been reading The God Delusion, and so far I haven't seen any lightning bolts. I'm not afraid of death, I'm not looking forward to it, but I've come to accept that when we die, we won't be aware of it. If though a loving God exsists, and I'm taken for the decision, I will throw myself at his feet, and express how wrong I was, that I lived my life as morally correct as I could, and that he take pity on me. If God is understanding, I may have bought myself a Golden Ticket to heaven. Dying at Armageddon though, is not at all scary. I'm going to die eventually, whether God strikes me down, age or something else gets me first, it doesn't matter to me.

Torn In Two Son

• choosing life
    choosing life

Nope. I don't believe in Armageddon.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Yeah, I admit I still worry about it. It's been driven into me so it seems like it's part of my being now.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I worried about it for a long time... But the nightmares stopped soon after I made a rather simple realization. If the Jehovah's witnesses had the truth, I would rather die than live forever serving someone who is so purely EVIL.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Read a book like Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" and you'll be more afraid of surviving an Armageddon like scenario than being killed in one.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

I just wanted to let you know that your question... and subsequent posting... are not the same thing. Contrary to the false teaching of the WTBTS, the "great tribulation" and "Armageddon" are not the same thing. In fact, there is at least 1,000 years between the two:

1. Great tribulation ENDS

2. Immediately after, Christ arrives to "gather" his chosen ones, which consists of:

a. Those who belonged to him but have died being resurrected to spirit bodies - i.e., "white robes/clean outer garments" (the "first" resurrection)

AT THE SAME TIME AS

b. Those who belonged to him but have NOT died are changed to spirit bodies - i.e., "white robes/clean outer garments"

3. TOGETHER, these meet the Lord "in the air"

4. And then are taken into the spirit realm)... where they

5. Go before the Father to be JOINED as one spirit - i.e., "married" - after which

6. Satan is abyssed (for 1,000 years) and

7. They all sit down on thrones and begin

8. To separate the "sheep" from the "goats" (the sheep are also given spirit bodies and granted entry into the marriage "feast" / the goats are NOT given such bodies and so are "cut off" from entering into the spirit realm and must remain in the physical realm). This takes about 1,000 years.

9. At the END of the 1,000 Satan is loosed from the abyss and goes out to mislead "Gog" (the goats who were not granted entry into the spirit realm) and "Magog" (the spirits that have been prohibited from re-entry, but are not "reserved in Tartarus" - i.e., those who were hurled dows with Satan)

10. Satan misleads Gog and Magog into thinking that they can in fact enter into the spirit realm by means of getting "into" the City. Why do they want to enter? Because the Tree of Life is in the MIDST of the City and if they can get to [him] and eat... they will live forever, too!

11. But the MOST Holy One of Israel does not let this happen. HE "wars" with them and brings down fire from heaven which devours them, Gog AND Magog. THIS... is what the WTBTS refers to a "Armageddon," a word not even found in the Bible. It is the War... of the Great Day of GOD Almighty... which HE fights against those who are GATHERED "at the PLACE that is called, in Hebrew... Har-Mageddon." "

"Armageddon" is not an event. It is place where God brings an end to Gog and Magog... after Satan has gathered them... using "unclean inspired expressions... like frogs" (which come out of his mouth, the mouth of the wild beast (who gets its power from him), and the false prophet" (who he controls)... to do so.

It is only Gog, Magog, the wild beast, the false prophet, and Satan, the Devil... who are destroyed/hurled into the fire... at Armageddon.

As always, I bid you peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• PEC
    PEC

I am not afraid of dying. There is no God and no afterlife, nothing to be afraid of, I am can't take the pain, I am out of here.

Philip

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I was....

..... then I got the point where it was, "Bring it on azzle, get it over with. I'm ready."

..... then he never showed up ....

..... then my father showed up and informed me that "I better hurry up and get in now because the generation of 1914 was nearly all gone now!"

..... then it was ..... "Don't gimme that worn out crapola any more!" and I Googled "Jehovah's Witnesses false prophets" and it was all over in about 20 minutes. This was about a day before I joined JWD and seven years after the bOrg had cancelled the 1914 Generation doctrine.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Armageddon is simply a story from a mythological book. I am not afraid of mythology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit