My Wife's SSD Got Cut Off

by Yizuman 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

This morning, I came to discover in great shock that my wife's SSD has been stopped.

Yesterday, I noticed her SSD wasn't automatically deposited as it usually does every 3rd of the month.

This morning I checked again and it still wasn't there. So I got on VP and called to inquire what's going on with her SSD. Come to find out, they stopped her SSD because of her overpayment history.

10 years ago, her previous husband who is a wife beater, would not allow my wife to report her income and job gain under threat of being beaten if she did, because he wanted all of the money that he could get his hands on. This resulted in overpayment. SSA finds out about it later and is making my wife repay the overpayment as a result on account of her ex-husband controlling her finaces.

My wife is a double amputee and has been since she was 15 years old. She was born with one leg and lost her left and only leg to bone cancer. She's been wheelchair ridden since then.

2 years ago, her health began on a decline when she suffered a congestive heart failure, respiratory arrest, renal failure and a stroke. She's been hospitalized for a year. She came home last year on May 13th. She's permanently bedridden. She goes on dialysis 3 times a week and is transported by ambulance (as of this winter for safety reason because electric wheelchairs don't navigate well on snow. Otherwise, during warm months, she takes a van via transportation company to the renal center).

We're facing a possible loss of our home as a result. I am currently unemployed and am drawing unemployment vouchers which ends in May of this year. I was let go because my boss felt uncomfortable with the idea that I may be caring for my wife more often than working, I asked to work part time while I make the transition to help get my wife settled after coming home from the hospital and looking for in-home nursing care so I can go back to work full time. he let me go instead on the same day my wife came home. Thanks, jerk!!

I've already contacted the SSD attorney's office and not heard back yet from them. I also contacted my wife's doctor to obtain medical documentation on my wife's current medical condition for me to take to the SSA office to show proof of 100% disability.

For the past 10 years, my wife agreed to allow SSA to take out $50 a month out of her SSD to repay the overpayment, also due to the fact of lack of proof that her ex-husband put her under duress for disallowing her to report her income and job gain. This went on for 10 years and for some reason, SSA is now dissatisfied with her monthly repayment and is now withholding her entire amount until 2013 when it can then resume sending her SSD.

I will try and get this mess resolved. But at this point, we're looking at the possibility of being screwed.

Yiz

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope your lawyer can get something done.

• dinah
    dinah

Is this the point where we sent up a Fund Thingy for you guys?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Off topic comment to mouthy: Think twice.

• dissed
    dissed

This system is screwed up.........

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I'm sorry, was that a joke?

As of this evening, it's pretty well beyond getting what I need to take with me to the SSA office. So I was hoping to have all the papers to take with me as soon as my wife gets picked up to be taken to the renal center and head off to the SSA office. Looks like I'm still gonna have to wait a bit longer to get the documentations I need to present to whomever I am going to be communicating with. Unfortunantly, unless I have a week or 2 weeks notice to request an interpreter to be present during the meeting. Since this is a dire emergency, a paper/pen will have to suffice.

Guess I'll see how fast I can get my papers tomorrow, if not, the latest I hope will be Monday morning after my wife leaves for the renal center.

This is very frustrating.

My wife is still crying and she has refused her meals all day due to depression after receiving the bad news this morning.

Yiz

• dinah
    dinah

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Dinah, what do you mean by this? What is your point? This is about my wife, not about me.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I'm sorry Yizumen ....it is just so missed up ..... Give your wife a hug and tell her to take care it will do no good to make herself sick over this . I just hate to hear such bad news for you two . You have both been through so much already .

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I know, why do bad things have to happen to good people?

Here's a picture of us together at Christmas 2009 with our family...

Please do pray for us, my wife especially whom I love and adore.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit