My Wife's SSD Got Cut Off

by Yizuman 62 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

jg, good point.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Yizuman, what past mistakes?

I wish you the best in correcting the problem.
    I was also wondering how your step son? is..did he ever go to jail or did you work things out? Does he see his Mom?

Give hugs to your wife for me..
    That picture is a really nice one of the two of you, you both look happy.

Snoozy..

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

BizzyBee, I do not side with anyone but my wife at this very moment. Family comes first.

Diana, can you read?

Thanks

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Snoozy,

He's still out there on his own. The prosecutor's office has decided not to pursue the case. He did have a job, working at Wendy's. But he quit a few months later. He never stays on a job for very long. He misses work too often.

He sees his mom per se the entire family that worked out an agreement on holidays and birthdays. That's it. Works for me, works for them.

Yiz

• freydo
    freydo

You need to contact legal services in your area ASAP.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Hey man, good luck, thoughts and prayers with you both. I sent you a PM about a different issue a few days ago. Feel free to ignore it and focus on the more important things: your wife and household, until you have time. My question can wait. Take care.

• Deceived
    Deceived

Yizuman I am sorry for what you and your wife are going through. It seems sometimes that once you are down things keep going that way. You certainly need a break. I hope that things start going your way soon. You two are not that Old and it would be nice to enjoy life for a change instead of worrying and suffering.

Myself I was healthy for so many years, I never needed doctors or medication, nothing. I had no empathy for others that were sick either. I went on with my life and didn't consider others who were suffering. Now in the past 2 years I have become sick, immobilized and worse each month. I can't work now and NOW I understand what its like for Others.

I don't know you Yizuman but I do feel for you both. I hope you get a break and I am sure the Govt will reassess your wifes cut off. Maybe go to your local Govt rep or even go public with it if he/she won't help. The Almighty USA cannot leave one of their citizens destitute when they are in such need.

I was working for myself all my life so I don't get benefits when I am sick. I got stricken with MS 2 years ago but still continued to do some work. 4 months ago I fell and broke my arm and tore my shoulder rotator cuff. It put my MS into full gear and now I can't walk or do anything but sit.

I now am looking for help from the Govt myself. I go next week to see my local govt official to try and get disability payments from the Govt

Deceived

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Yiz, I know you are deaf but you are NOT disabled. You still have your physical health and can work. It seems so many in our society today just give up and rely on others or the government to save them instead of doing some hard work themselves and helping themselves. Now, I'm all for someone getting disability because they truely 100% cannot work, but I see way too many people getting help that really don't need it and then those that have a real need, get none. Yiz, I'm not saying your wife doesn't deserve it, I know in her condition she does need it, what I'm saying is you being her husband you also should provide someway/somehow. Just because you got layed off doesn't mean just give up. Like someone said there is all kinds of vocational training out there at little or no cost to you.

I just get really angry at those that throw their own little "pity party". I have been sick since I was 17. Was given 2 hrs to live once. Have had breast cancer, done 8 rounds of chemo, 6 surgeries, have a fistula for dialysis, in stage 5 kidney failure and on a transplant list. Yet, I work FULL time and have worked non stop full time since I was 17 without any help from the government. Again, I'm all for help, but think we should be willing to help ourselves in our situation first.

I hope you get the mess straightened out with her checks, but also hope you step up and try to help yourself as well.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Baby Girl!!!)))))))

Sylvia

• zoiks
    zoiks

I am very sorry for your current hardship...best of luck to you and your wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit