My Wife's SSD Got Cut Off

by Yizuman 62 Replies latest jw friends

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

I don't know what SSD or SSA is, but it sounds like government bullshit.

Have you thought about hitting up the vocational school for a better job? You don't have to go to MIT for 8 yrs. to become a electrician or plumber.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Have you thought about hitting up the vocational school for a better job? You don't have to go to MIT for 8 yrs. to become a electrician or plumber.

SSD is Social Security Disability. She can't work, especially now with her condition. Her being a double amputee makes it extremely difficult to get a job. A person like my wife would have to be extremely lucky to get a job.

SSA is Social Security Administration which in an office location.

Education costs money, something I do not have and my credit history sucks so no go on getting student loan or any kind of loan for that matter. Loan sharks is def out of the question.

Anyway, she finally ate something, not much, a cold hot dog and she did drink water. The hot dog is for to kill the bitter after taste from the crushed pills camaflaged in pudding and I had to lower her insulin intake since she hadn't ate all day. Hopefully her appetite will be better for breakfast in the morning before she leaves for the renal center. At least I hope she will, because eating is not allowed at the renal center while being hooked up to a machine and she'll be on it for 4 hrs.

Guess I better get to bed soon....nite everyone.

Yiz

• Balsam
    Balsam

I am so sorry to hear of this, I know I am disabled and have had many surgeries on my legs and get SSD, it is always a fear of it being cut off.

The government isn't something that can be appealed too with need and emotion that is for sure. Facts are facts and that is a terrible situation to be in. Will she also lose her Medicare???? She certainly qualifies for assistence and they aren't denying that, it is too bad that they can't take it out of the ex-husbands money after all he is the one who did this to her.

• dinah
    dinah

She worked as an amputee from age 14? Give me more details. She's collecting SSI, right?

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

"Education costs money"

Yes it does. But the government has a vested interest in you (They want you to pay taxes). Not sure if you were ever a JW or not. But in my case I dropped out of school to pioneer. After Bethel I had no job skills and no training. It took about an hour of my time to fill out some forms for them to offer free training.

I'm just saying your a grown man. You don't need a student loan to become a electrician or plumber. Let alone a loan shark. Suck it up. Invest a couple of years in your education to get a job. The time you have spent on JWN could have been invested in your future. Stop making excuses. Do it for your wife. Or even better for yourself.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Sounds unbelievable that they would attach past IRS tax liens to SSI...If they do that something is terribly wrong with the system.

Didn't you have advance warning so that you could have sought some kind of counsel?

Did they negotiate a payoff price with her in the past? Usually they will settle for a lot less than you owe if you get a tax lawyer.

Yizuman I haven't heard from you in a while, how did the incident about your stepson beating you up turn out? Is he still around and does he see his Mom?
    And how did the thing turn ourt about the lift (from chair to bed)that you needed. Did you get to get a better one for her?

I hope all turns out well for you, I wish you and your misses the best..

Hugs,Snoozy..

ps..That is a nice picture of you and your wife.

• flipper
    flipper

YIZUMAN- I am so terribly sorry to hear you and your wife are going through this hell. As Leaving WT said, do you have access to some sort of legal aid or advice ? This is just so unjust. My wife and I will be keeping hopeful positive thoughts for you. Hang in there friend

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

As I recall, Yizu is also disabled with deafness.

As I also recall, Yizu rabidly sides with the wealthy - Republican ideals, which are diametrically opposed his and his wife's needs for government support for the infinitely forseeable future.

I don't quite understand it, but it is called "voting against your own best interests." Your best hope is with the Democrats, Yizu, because they believe in taking care of the less able. I wish you well anyway.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

While some are so obsessed with my past mistakes here on this website, some just made up their mind that I am this and that. I'm not going there as I have no interest in my past mistakes. What's past is past, I'm only going to move forward, whether anyone likes it or not. I'm only asking for moral support, advice, suggestions and most of all, prayer. That's it.

Got a tip from a deaf forum who knows what I should do and given a link to this....

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-632.html

I'm gonna try this out and hope this works out. I may try the approach to offer SSA the opportunity to raise the monthly payment taken out of my wife's SSD each month, at the current rate, it's $50 a month take out of her SSD. I'll try the $75 a month approach, if this will work out for them.

Tried to get some sleep, too worried. I took some Tylenol PM to see if that'll help.

Wish me luck,

Yiz

• boyzone
    boyzone

Good luck as you deal with the bureaucrats Yiz, try not to let the stress of it all get to you both. Whats the chance of Jehovahs finest rushing to your aid? - yep, thought so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit