My Wife's SSD Got Cut Off

by Yizuman 62 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

For crying out loud-Yiz mentioned his disability NOT ONE TIME in any direct way or in any way that sought sympathy. It is not a pity party to say that one was layed off and out of work. Trying to find a job right now is hard enough if one is young, healthy and with a brilliant education. I met a girl last week who recently graduated from Georgetown with a degree in Maths and Japanese. She is working, but over 50% of her classmates are not employed at all, the rest are not in a professional job-most of them are taking the jobs that formerly high school educations could get-retail and food service. She was the lucky one and she knows it. Do you know how many people are thanking their lucky stars to be living here in the desert, across from IRAN, next to YEMEN and SAUDI ARABIA just because they have a job and can support their families? No one takes work for granted, and I know Yiz didn't either. I have lost a job because of caring for a sick person, and that situation makes it hard to find and keep a job. Not whinging, just stating the facts.

Yiz, you and your wife will make it through this, cause that is what love can do. And a good lawyer if necessary. Take care of her-its tricky for her to not eat with the diabetes-you know that and must worry like crazy. I am hoping for the best for the two of you and I have confidence that you will figure this out.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Yiz, I too have confidence you will figure this out.

Babygirl, wow I didn't know. You are a fighter (I know from werewolf - )

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

While Yizuman has not directly ask for money I strongly suggest that people NOT send him money. We have a blanket policy about this on the board. This is for the protection of all board members.

If you don't want to offer support, prayers or offer other suggestions then don't read these posts

• choosing life
    choosing life

I knew a lady who did the same thing as your wife. She was receiving SSD and worked part-time also. On SSD, you can make up to a certain amount of money each month. If you go over that amount, they stop your SSD and consider you gainfully employed. They tell you the amount you can make, up front.

This lady was caught lying about the amount she was making through employment and they took away her SSD for months. After she had payed back about half of what she owed them, they reinstated her SSD, as she was disabled. However, she still has to pay $300.00/month out of her SSD, which they deduct. She nearly lost everything because of it. This was years after she misrepresented her income.

Yizuman, this is the way SSD works, I am afraid. Once a person misrepresents their income to SSD, they will make them pay it back and they do not have much sympathy for the financial hardships that may put the person in.

Your best bet would be to try and negotiate a monthly amount taken out of her SSD with the SS Dept. I wish you and your wife the best, as chronic illness is draining, physically, mentally and financially. Your devotion to your wife is commendable.

• peaches
    peaches

MAKE IT PUBLIC!!!!! call the local news papers,,,,tv stations....radio stations....any public means you have where you live....Contact your local govenor and congressman....tell them what is happening.....let your mayor know.....Send pictures,,,write out your story,,,,etc etc etc....make as much "noise" as you can......things will start to happen for the good....don't give up,,,,,FIGHT....and fight hard......

• Quentin
    Quentin

"You need to contact legal services in your area"....

Get that lawyer, one who works SS cases only, not one that does it as a part of a larger practice. They take a one time charge of 20%, you get the rest...

• Deceived
    Deceived

I was feeling bad for this Yizzy with all his problems but went back to the beginning 7 YEARS ago and see it the same old story.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/41910/1/Financial-Help

I have problems too financially since I got sick. I know a lot of people here have severe illnesses or something. My God I know one girl on this forum who is working still and has to have a Kidney transplant. Being Deaf is not fun but its not life threatening and it doesn't stop someone from doing work. If you can walk and see you are doing good. We live in North America, this country won't let us starve or go without basic needs. USA or Canada have lots of Help out there even if it won't make us rich.

We should not use this forum for financial help!!!! We are here for emotional support and help in recovering from being in a Cult namely the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Yizuman how are you connected with the Jehovah's Witnesses? I never hear anything about you being here for support with that????

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Copy and paste a paragraph into Google, and you will see that he has been posting this on all the boards.

My Wife's SSD Cut Off - AllDeaf.com

28 posts - 15 authors - Last post: yesterday

10 years ago, her previous husband who is a wife beater, would not allow my wife to report her income and job gain under threat of being beaten if she did, because he wanted all of the money that he could get his hands ...
    www.alldeaf.com/personal.../75955-my-wifes-ssd-cut-off.html - Cached -

• Deceived
    Deceived

OMG Minister Amos, that is very informative!!

I finally figured out how to review peoples older posts without someone giving me the direct link.

I reviewed some of his posts just to see if he was saying anything about being a exjw. Then I found the post that says he was never one. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/47635/4/Hi-Everyone-Im-homeless-now

Why is he on here then??

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

He might be a Nigerian Prince too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit