If I was to go out and rape the best looking young virgin girl I could find.........

by ThomasCovenant 191 Replies latest members adult

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Oh dear! Trouble in paradise.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Just because He commanded or ordered that certain things be done a certain way doesn't necessarily prove that He approved of or justified them.

Why would he command them to do things he didn't approve? And what would the penalty be for refusing to do what God commanded? The justification for those carrying out his commands is that they had no choice but to obey.

As I stated previously, I believe He was making do with a sorry set of circumstances.

Why does God need to simply make do, when it is within his power to make things better? And why command men to do things that will simply add to their misery?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Timing, Keyser, timing.

Everything in its appointed time.

Please be patient.

The justification for those carrying out his commands is that they had no choice but to obey.

Since when?

Sylvia

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Since when?

Since it was commanded to them by God himself. They were deferring to an all-powerful, supposedly all-knowing being. Why wouldn't they obey?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Read the record.

Sylvia

• dinah
    dinah

It wasn't about morality. It was property law, with women being the property.

• snowbird
    snowbird

... and about keeping the nation intact, preventing anarchy, and providing a lineage for the Messiah.

Sylvia

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

so the messiah prophecy justifies carnage and pain?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

if I was a person then and being raped and killed:--> the messiah prophecy would give me a warm fuzzy feeling?

• snowbird
    snowbird

The commandments - if observed - were to prevent what you are describing.

However, God, in His infinite wisdom knew that they wouldn't be, so He had to implement a system of checks and balances.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit