If I was to go out and rape the best looking young virgin girl I could find.........

by ThomasCovenant 191 Replies latest members adult

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Commanded, yes.
    Justified, no.

Huh? The fact that he commanded it is the justification for it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

There was a reason God had to come down to us in the form of his Son Jesus.

The OT had many correct views of God, it also had far too many atrocites commited by man and blamed on God.

Jesus came to clear that Up for Jesus IS the WORD of God, far more than anything ever written.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Jesus came to clear that Up for Jesus IS the WORD of God, far more than anything ever written.

But aren't you basing everything you know about Jesus on what's written?

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Damm someone beat me to the sheep joke!

ThomasCovenant - Do you wear wellies when you are looking after the sheep?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    But aren't you basing everything you know about Jesus on what's written?

To a limited extent, yes ( in the NT) but also by the personal relationship we have with Jesus.

There is a reason that it seems that the OT God and the NT god are two different people and that reason was the scribes of the OT.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Commanded, yes.
    Justified, no.
    Huh? The fact that he commanded it is the justification for it.

Just because He commanded or ordered that certain things be done a certain way doesn't necessarily prove that He approved of or justified them.

As I stated previously, I believe He was making do with a sorry set of circumstances.

Sylvia

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Snow bird:

If you will lay your prejudices aside, you will see that He was making the best of a bad situation that man had brought on himself.

PSacremento:

There was a reason God had to come down to us in the form of his Son Jesus.

The OT had many correct views of God, it also had far too many atrocites commited by man and blamed on God.

With all due respect that is the most misguided claptrap I have read. The bible is a book of stories proverbs and self help material at best. It IS NOT the inspired word of god it is merely the written form of jewish tradition in the OT and the NT is a cleaning up or amendment to the crap that was in the ot once they got out of babylonian captivity and got some enlightenment from the greeks.

Zechariah 14:2 he (god) says he will gather all the nations against jeruselem and have the women raped?!? and than after that he will go out and fight against those nations?!? How bout not being a dick and gathering them in the first place?

The bible is a bunch of BS stories of a tribal group of people's explanation of events. As they evolved or there understanding matured they made subtle revisions to their beliefs. Jesus did not have to come down to clear his name he HAD TO BE MADE UP to save face.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Jesus did not have to come down to clear his name he HAD TO BE MADE UP to save face.

You are entitiled to that view and certainly no one can fault you for having it.

I don't agree that Jesus was "made up" and neither do many scholars and scientists, but that is neither here not there.

One must base their faith on reason and in doing that, I myself had a hard time reconciling the OT with the NT.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Yes - darth frosty - well put.

Perhaps where you are going wrong is not understanding that like snowbird and Psacramento, "One must base their faith on reason."

Debating with these two accomplices is like trying to get a grip on an well greased frog!

• snowbird
    snowbird

We're not accomplices in the true sense of the word.

For example, PSac has a hard time reconciling the God of the OT with the God of the NT.

I don't.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit