I just got reinstated!

by maryacclaim 60 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

Granted, not everyone would take this approach. But don't condemn the poster. I've seen this done before and it worked out just the way the person intended. She was a young woman "raised in the truth" who was DF'd over close contact with a "wordly" BF. Afterwards, she and the BF left town and moved to another state and started a family. Several years later, they returned to the area, she came back to the KH and asked to be reinstated. Went thru the whole ugly process. Got reinstated which took about 8-9 months. Family had a big celebration. She was rarely seen at the KH again.

This was a large family of dubs, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. They ran the gamut from uber-dub to walking wounded.

Now, 20 years later, she gets a pass at family functions, sometimes goes to the convention in the summer with relatives (for the social aspects), and is always invited to gatherings and parties. She shows up for weddings and funerals. Some dubs avoid her, but most don't because her family is active and father is a long-time"prominent" elder.

So it all depends on circumstances, doesn't it? The organization is full of inconsistencies.

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

Ohh maryacclaim i can understand why you have done this.

It's sad... but if you where raised in the troof.. you dont have many ways to go.

Is it so that everyone you know.. is an dub? Then it is hard to come outside.

All alone... friends and social living ment alot to life quality, dont it/they?

(from one who had fade.. and still have the relatives talk and invite your family to parties...)

(but you have to lie sometimes..... but hey.. they had lied to me the whole life.. so what the heck :-) )

• maryacclaim
    maryacclaim

I have to say,

Thanks Blondie for the comment, I have to say you are one of the famous here on J-W.net so its an honor.

To answer some of those who think I did this and now I live a lie or a life of regret, I say this.

I did live a lie most of my life, I had so many questions that never got answered. I didn't want to do bad by no means but I also didn't feel it was an organizations right to strip someone of their rights due to a difference of opinion. It was actually a great deed they did for me when they DF'd me. I may never have taken the time to truly reseach what I thought to be truth and right from wrong. When I did search, one of the things I found was that the JW's are like just about every other sect of christianity, LOST.

I will not go to many meetings.

I live far away enough away from my relatives and old friends that I can pull this off with little to no issues. I had timed my reinstatement to be right before I had to move. I even asked in my reinstatement letter that my traveling be considered and not to view it as me purposely missing meetings. Ha ha I know. So I then started to be gone longer periods and then mentioned to them I may have to be out of town quite a while when I moved. They have never even called since.

As for my family and friends. I just ask view point questions, just like they tought us to do so well. I'm pretty sure about 5 of my family members are starting their fade and a lot of my friends were already fading, just didn't know it, cuz most of them were on board with the thoughts I shared with them. As for the ones that will never change. Why change em'? Everybody has had that person in their life that is blindly devoted to something without questioning it in any way and sometimes you just have to let it be.

I had good circumstances for this fade, so I went for it.

I will say I'm not gonna be sad and have hurt feelings for the rest of my life against the JW's just because they all bought into one of the biggest lies in history. I don't have time for that.

Peace

MA

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

"When I did search, one of the things I found was that the JW's are like just about every other sect of christianity, LOST." But I got reinstated! Hurray!!! Now it makes even less sense to me... But to each his own. By all means.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It sounds like you are doing things on your terms - i now congratulate you.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I congratulate you too! Because seriously that is what I'm considering! I have done all the research in the world and maybe with the fact that I only have one elder that is considered my elder from the beganing of my DFment and also I'm no longer living where I was... I'm also getting married... It just seem the best way for me.

I will get reinstated and fade... It will be the right reasons in JW eyes. But to each is own when reality hits.

willyloman... your statement has truth behind it. For example my sister had close relationships with her worldly bfs and then when she was involved with a witness guy (same time all my crap was happening I got df) my sister didn't she got married asap to the witness guy. She never was shunned never was held acountable... nothing. I felt kinda hurt by this because she felt righteous enough to shun me but yet she herself did the same thing except she was not baptised. It's part of the nonbaptised JW, game... smart but still not quite right.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Why don't we get all together and CELEBRATE!!!!!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

mary,

I, too, will be starting the process of reinstatement in order to have contact with my new hubby's family.

Wish me luck.....All the best to you!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

((((((((((palmtree67))))))))))

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Each person must find their own path. While I could never do it if I were put out (completely faded now), I admire those that can do it.

Good for you. Enjoy your family, but find some peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit