I just got reinstated!

by maryacclaim 60 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You're beating those assholes at their own game. Good for you!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I was never bapt, and while I am not subject to being shunned (although some JWs do shun me), I do not think I could stomach getting reinstated if I were in that position. I highly doubt I could allow myself to go through the motions required and then confessing my allegiance to the elders towrd the so called FDS. If it is what you need to do though I understand.

Palmtree, have you given us your story?

• Titus
    Titus

Oh, Isaac.... I thought you are DFed. I don't know why I thought that... I really didn't know that you was never baptized. Where is your story, if it is here? Can you give me a link?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

It sure goes to show that their "Holy Spirit" is not the one directing things.

I have had knots in my stomach about what I have to do and I will be relying on everyone here to help me through it, you are all such good people, I feel like I've already taken more than I've given on this board.

Mary, I'll be thinking of you. Please let us know how things are going for you.

Palm

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

thanks for your expierence.i have a feeling thousands have done what you have done.me personaly -i have come to know christ after i left and i would never go back to that bondage.you probably need to be regular in order to retain your conditional family and friends.you may develope mental illness like countless others.

• Highlander
    Highlander

As long as your in, be sure to reap the benefits. Buy a new house? Time for a house warming party with lots of gifts. New baby? Time for a huge baby shower. I've seen completed faded jdubs do this. They would attend meetings for a week or two prior to having a housing warming party or whatever the event was, and then disappear for months or even years. I always thought it was hilarious.

• Gayle
    Gayle

There are no rules on how to leave a cult. Leave, in whatever manner, that is right for you! Very happy for you and your personal, independent insights are working for you to succeed 'your' way. So many best wishes in your new path!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

If that is what you needed to do then all the best with it.

Personally I couldn't stomach it.

• freydo
    freydo

What is the wtbt$ definition of reinstatement? Does it mean that God is now allowed to look upon you with favor?

And what about restrictions that go with it? Are they God ordained?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's nice to hear it is working out for you, Mary.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit