I just got reinstated!

by maryacclaim 60 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

congratulations,

saying that I had faith in Gods earthly appointed organization to make the right decision ..... things you have to do to please a bunch of ol suits,

hope your fade goes well.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, now you can do the slow fade and keep contact with your family. Not all family though keep contact with fading jw relatives so be sure of their stance.

• carpediem
    carpediem

I am very happy you can speak to those you love again. I know how it feels to be cut off. However, how sad that you have to live a lie for those who care about you to be allowed to talk to you.

I hope it works out for you.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

holey cheese. each person has to do what is right for them. lay all your cards out on the table and i am sure we can pick apart what you do and find fault. and as for a spineless comment, it takes alot of courage and fight from someone to do what maryacclaim has done to see and speak to family. maybe it is easy for you to drop family but for some, we still need that connection.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i hope you get what you need out of your new status....

true enough that they are a collective of dupes,
    since they have bought your pretense....

take care of your sanity!

and do as much as you can to remain unidentifiable
    as you peruse and post on aposta-sites

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

I don't understand this... When you start to fade you will cause your family pain again... I don't belive in false hope... I don't believe in living a lie...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm happy that you've been reunited with your loved ones. Hopefully, you can find a way to enjoy some type of freedom, while avoiding the label of DF or DA.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I watched my mother in law do this...she bought the bullet and spent an entire year of her life faking gushing loyalty to the borg to get back in so her Elder JW husband would come back and she could see her grandkids and kids again. It was horrible for me to watch her have to grovel like that. And I knew she didnt believe it. It was not the same as when she was in...the friends she lost didnt welcome her back with open arms as they often DONT when someone comes back. It was scary. She didnt last in there long before she was out once again. For good.

So I know how hard it was for you to do this. They may never know how like "selling your soul to the Devil" it is to get reinstated when your heart and your mind arent walking back in the door with you. How will you do this now? Will you go to meetings still? Do you have a game plan? How did your family react?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Impressive. You managed to get back in while still being a double? You must've really kissed some theocratic behind! Wow. Well, hope you accomplish your objectives then. Gaining trust from everyone is always the most important step. I didn't last long as a double. Hope it doesn't frak with your psyche as much as it did mine. Wish you the best.

--Christopher

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

MA,

So, now for the fade, eh? After any initial "love-bombing" prepare to be disappointed by the lack of love and confused by the "generation" change. Good Luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit