GREAT Visit from the Elders and new stuff

by SouthCentral 48 Replies latest jw friends

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

The elders stopped by today. They spoke of a new arrangement where the org is asking EVERYONE to come back regardless of their sins. They just want them to come back with impunity. I am not sure if this was announced on this board before, but I thought it was interesting.

Also spoke of the New York elders school becoming local.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thanks for sharing. Just by the way you phrased your statement, there is nothing new about elders asking anyone, regardless of their sins to come back. With impunity? That is interesting. I will be paying attention to this for the future.

• magoo
    magoo

....seems like, if what you say is true, they'll do anything to get "paying contributing" members back in the khalls...

magoo

• cantleave
    cantleave

Not heard the bit about impunity, if so that is new since November.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Yes, I asked directly. They stated that people, especially women will commit great sins and feel that they would get disfellowshipped if they returned. The key is to not sin and say that u are a witness. This was said to be in a letter from Brooklyn.

Also, you can NOT turn in time and not attend the meetings. Time is only for ACTIVE J-Dubs.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hmmm, this doesn't sound right, with all respect. Maybe a copy of the letter can be obtained?

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I am not sure if it is true or not. This is based on dialogue only.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Also, you can NOT turn in time and not attend the meetings. Time is only for ACTIVE J-Dubs.

Activity is measured by FS not by meeting attendance. I rarely go to meetings (once a month max) but still turn in a report. The CO looks at individual's FS, that is why the hounders will phone up if they have gaps in your FS record prior to a CO visit.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I am assuming that if you fornicate and say you are a witness, then you bring reproach. Despite being inactive, people think you are a witness, even though you are inactive. The thought is when you become active, you were disciplined. If you fornicate and do not say you are a J-Dub.......and STOP, then the impunity clause probably kicks in.

The above is all my own reasoning, not based on my conversation.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I had not been to the meeting in years, but turned in time to NOT be bothered. They said that I can NOT do that anymore, unless I attend the meeting. They asked the CO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit