GREAT Visit from the Elders and new stuff

by SouthCentral 48 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

...although I have to say, the next time an elders visit can be called GREAT, will be the first time.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I think they just want you to go and confess your sins. Nosey elders.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Just agree and quote scriptures....it baffles them. (How can this man be inactive and quote scriptures??) I have been away for about 4 years as well....an OUTSTANDING FADE into darkness until the "You can't turn in time anymore".....I thought it was funny....They finally are "ON TO ME"...RATS!!!!! That pronouncement came directly from the CO.

Again, for clarity, confession is required.........if YOU have STOPPED committing the sin, you would be forgiven...."That was a quote"

I have a great attitude about LIFE, so an elder's visit is trivial. I am NOT going to say, YEAH 1914 is a lie....the generation teaching is wrong again...or........anything similar....but then again, I was not asked.

Life is a blessing...everyday.....I personally enjoy Joel Osteen or Fred Price more than the WT.....(lol)

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

lol @ South Central!

Yeah, just mess with their minds. It's all good. I like it.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

@ blue- probably. I agree with you. I clearly stated that I have nothing to confess, so they left it alone. Went down another angle.......doom and gloom..Oh yeah and we love u!!

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

They also mentioned, many DO's will teach the new elder's school, so many CO's are moving up to the District work. I find it hard to believe that people still believe this stuff with the generation change. That is the biggest flaw in organized religion since "Bad Priest relocation act".

Then again, it is MY personal belief that ALL religions are flawed, the dubs are no different.

• Think About It
    Think About It

If the WTS admits THEIR sins and changes, and they allow confession to God without elder involvement.....then, they MIGHT have something to work with.

What a coincidence.....hard economic times, WTS running low on cash, novel idea to get people to come back.

Think About It

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

@ Think- I agree!!

I remember a case In the 80's (can't remember all the details, I was a teenager but) a brother was a fornicator as a youth, so he disappeared for 20 years. He came back as a bible study, then made MS. I think he confessed to his youthful sins. He was privately DF, then reinstated or something similar. I knew because the PO was my pioneer partner or partna as we say in South-Central. This loving provision allows for that not to happen again!!! (lol)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The cash flow problems of the WTB&TS must be much worse than we expeccted.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I see only four possibilities here:

1) The elders got the wrong message or are lying

OR

2) The WTS is lying.

3) The WTS is desperate.

3) The WTS is so desperate they have to resort to lying to lure warm bodies back.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit