GREAT Visit from the Elders and new stuff

by SouthCentral 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    The sins would have to be confessed, but impunity would be given

My guess is that they don't feel any compunction to be honest with you if dishonesty might get you back into the cult. Once back in, you would forgive the dishonesty and be saved. Tra la la la la.

My Elder father has tried this tactic on me many times.

Cheers

Chris

• moshe
    moshe

Come on back to the KH, we won't do anything to you, it's sa-afe to come back to home. Don't be scared, we love you!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Hmm. You know, it is "Memorial season." My folks have already received their "Please attend our pass the wine and bread party" invitations. The elders need more bodies in the seats.

I'll be on alert for the same message being sent to me.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Go back to the kingdumb hell and they will hunt you down and DF you.

HB

• eby
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They didn't happen to mention who the King of the North is that will rally the United Nations to start the attack on false religion?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Anything can come out of an elders mouth, just because one elder implies something doesn't mean

its come down from headquarters. ( Brooklyn )

Maybe that there so much revealing information about this corrupt cult, they may be nervously wanting to regain their

power and strength over past members.

I know of some areas that attendance is down and some congregations have actualy merged together because of it.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

eby, thanks for that link. I remember reading that. Here is the pertinent part from it...

The November 15, 2008, Watchtower, pages 14 and 15, paragraphs 12 and 13, states:
    “Some individuals stop preaching and attending meetings because they have committed a serious
    sin. They may feel that if they confess their wrongdoing to the elders, they will be disfellow-
    shipped. But they will not be expelled from the congregation if they have discontinued the un-
    scriptural practice and are genuinely repentant. (2 Cor. 7:10, 11) Instead, they will be welcomed
    back, and the elders will give them the spiritual help they need. . . . The elders will know how to
    assist anyone desiring to return and live in accord with God’s will. Loving discipline may be re-
    quired. (Heb. 12:7-11) If the person acknowledges that he has sinned against God, has ceased to
    engage in wrongdoing, and is truly repentant, the elders will help him, and he can receive Jeho-
    vah’s forgiveness.—Isa. 1:18; 55:7; Jas. 5:13-16.”

As you can appreciate, good judgment is needed when handling these matters. If ques-
    tions arise relative to a specific situation, please feel free to write the branch office and we will
    provide assistance.

There is nothing here to indicate that a sin committed while away and inactive will be treated with impunity. If anything, what I read here is this message to elders, 'Ok elders. If someone comes in and committed fornication 10 years ago but wants to come back, hold a JC as normal, just don't disfellowship them.'

Thats what I get out of it.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Oh Please, do any of you believe you could comflortably go back? Not a chance in Hell and that will never change.

I have been told over and over....things are different, it isn't like it was in the 70's, 80's 90's and now 2000 plus.

I never went back but was requested to see the elders if I did, for past behaivor. What?, from 35 years ago? Give me a friggen break. From 20 years ago? I can't recall what I could have been doing? Raising kids, helping my husband with his business, smoking a few cigs?

They can........Kiss my ass.

• flipper
    flipper

Yes, I agree with some of the posters here who say the " impunity would be given " is hogwash. I was faded and not attending at all for almost 4 years and they came headhunting after me like I was an Al-Quaeda member or Bin Laden himself ! If the elders get just a TRICKLE of information indicating an inactive JW has sinned or slipped up - they will be on that person like flies on dung. I know, been there, done that ( or had it done to me ). I fought their a$$ for 10 months finally threatening them with a lawsuit if they DFed me unjustly. Interestingly- I haven't heard back from them in 3 + years since they overturned my DFing in my appeal meeting. You just have to fight fire with fire ! Never give in to the elders. They are complete control freaks and a-holes. End of rant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit