All this fighting is worthless

by Danni 85 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

YoYo said:

: I am not saying Randy's mom cannot talk to him. She could, the Watchtower does not forbid her to talk to her own son. This is a decision she made by herself. The Watchtower only says to be careful spiritually because of the venom that comes from the enemies of Jehovah.

This is typical Orwellian doublethink JW nonsense. First, if the Society didn't plant these notions in JWs' heads in the first place, they would never come up with them on their own. Second, the Society's literature is adamant that any sort of fellowship at all with DF'd people is flat out wrong. This was emphasized at the recent Kingdom Ministry Schools for elders, who were told something like, "It may be possible to limit contact with disfellowshipped relatives almost completely." True, a JW will not likely be DF'd for associating with DF'd relatives, but the prohibitions are still there.

AlanF

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi Danni, Alan, Yo Yo,

Regrettably, the principle of amicable disagreement between two or more honorable and well-intentioned opponents is as alien to JWs as green me on Mars. Ditto for the noble principle of ``loyal dissent.''

However specious his arguments, I respect You Know for his willingness to defend his convictions forthrightly against their most formidable opponents. I fear, however, that he labors naively under a dying but still lingering delusion that the JW version of truth is defensible on empirical grounds.

Sadly, it's reflexive for most of the JWs and the ex-JWs who post here, to slip into a deplorable cycle of ``Ad Hominem'' whenever logic falters.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

seven006,

You wrote,

"The JW leaders have written their own bible and have taken out things and changed things to fit their own beliefs. It is called the "New Word Translation of the Holy Scriptures." They are the only religion that use this version of the bible and with out it their manipulation of their people is impossable. Their translation is not considered to be even closly accurate to any original translation of hebrew and greek.

What every YoYo posts back to you will be from this distorted version of the bible. Once you change the main rule book you can make any rule up that you want."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

What you wrote is itself a great distortion. I think Danni deserves better than that, she needs the truth not xJW misrepresentations used to expose JW misrepresentations!

The NWT has many faults but it is not what you claim. As far as the Tower needing it to manipulate its people this too is false, the Watchtower did a fine job of manipulating its people long before the NWT came into being in the 1950's. For at least 70 years they built their dogma using other translations!

One scripture the Watchtower tries to use to defend its shunning policy is 1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

The New World Translation:

"But now I am writing you to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do you not judge those inside, while God judges those outside? 'Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.'"

The Jerusalem Bible:

"What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard, or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that. It is not my business to pass judgement on those outside. Of those who are inside, you can surely be the judges. But of those who are outside, God is the judge. You must drive out this evil-doer from among you."

You do Danni a great disservice by giving her what amounts to
    disinformation.

IW

• Danni
    Danni

I was just reading some of those names in this Dictionary of the Bible I bought.

seven006 I know you are a good person you speak with compassion and pain at the same time. I wish just for a moment I could trade places with you and talk with your mother. If she won't talk with you go to her. Dave I know she has to love you. She may even break down from seeing you. When I came back from Japan my mom did, you would have thought I was coming back from a war the way she acted. It's just something in moms. I don't know how to stress to you to go and talk with her. This is sad.

• Danni
    Danni

IslandWoman
    One scripture the Watchtower tries to use to defend its shunning policy is 1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

I can't believe it I just read it! I would have bet my house there was nothing like that in the Bible. At the same time it still didn't say you can't talk with those who don't believe the same way anymore. Show me that. Not putting my house on it. :)

• Danni
    Danni

Dave you make me apprciate my mother more. I never thought of losing her but it's that simple isn't it.?

• You Know
    You Know

I am glad that you want to play the peacemaker. That's a good thing. But, the hard reality is that there can be no agreement between Jehovah's Witnesses and those who are apostate Jehovah's Witnesses.

One of the most basic fundamental spiritual truths that one must accept in order to make sense of all this, is that there is a universal controversy that exists in the spirit realm. The controversy I am referring to is between Jehovah God and Satan the Devil.

The book of Genesis reveals that the schism originally developed in the Garden of Eden and has resulted in dividing angels and humans into two seperate camps. If you are familiar with the life of Jesus, you know that he had many confrontations with the Jews and their religious clergymen. The Pharisees were bitterly opposed to Jesus and they spared no effort in trying to entrap him and accuse him before the people. They slandered and reviled him and in the end you know what happened to Jesus. The reason though for such hostility only makes sense in the light of what Jesus said at John 8:44. He asked his opposers why they couldn't listen to him, and he answered his own question by saying: "You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie." Interestingly, down a few verses, the Jews responded that Jesus was demon possessed.

So, think about that. Here the Son of God comes along and pulls the mask off of Satan and reveals quite a bit about Satan's character and his tactics, as well as his origin. Yet, the Jews accuse Jesus of being the evil one who is possessed by demons! Could anything be more perverse then saying that Jesus was demon possessed? It would not seem so. Jesus warned those of his disciples though that they could expect similar treatment when he told them: 'If they have called the master the Devil, what are they going to call you?'

The point though is that there are these two opposed spiritual forces in the heavenly realm and that the enmity in heaven is reflected down here in various ways. Jesus further revealed that the Devil is really the unseen ruler of this world. That's why it is so messed up. That's why there are so many murders, because the god of this world is a murderer. That's why the world is full of liars and cheats and thieves and con men of every sort because the ruler of this world is a liar and a fraud and his spirit permeates society thru and thru.

Jehovah's Witnesses have been instrummental in teaching the truth about Jehovah and Satan just like Jesus did. Unlike Jesus, though, we have made plenty of mistakes. At Revelation the 12 chapter Satan is called the "accuser of our brothers." But, we shouldn't imagine that Satan's accusation against God's servants are entirely false. The point is: The accusations of XJW's against their former brothers can only be understood in light of Satan's own accusations against us. Apostate JW's are under the Devil's malevolent spirit just like those Jews who found fault wiht Jesus. According to 2 Peter 2:2, referring to those who are apostates, it says: "And on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively." The XJW'S on this board hope they can poison your mind in order to keep you from knowing the truth. That's what is going on here. / You Know

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

YouKnow, how can a person poisen anothers mind with facts?

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • AlanF
    AlanF

Anyone can see that You Know's reply is the work of a total nutjob.

Good going, Bobby!

AlanF

• Englishman
    Englishman

Danni,

I see that after being a member of this board for a whole 3 days that you now feel qualified to tell Alan F that he may need professional help.

I'm astonished too, that Alan has even bothered to reply to you, let alone troubled to be courteous to you.

You are indeed a most privileged person. May I suggest that the next time that you post here it would be most useful if you were to put your brain into gear before you actually engage that part of your anatomy that exposes your lack of awareness.

Englishman

Bring on the dancing girls!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit